This thread was automatically marked as Locked.

[1.2_01] Ethereal's Mods: Elevator, Meteorite Quick Bugfix

Thank you for the elevator mod, I haven't had any use for it before but it's a lifesaver now that I'm trying to build an elaborate underground base.

I have one question though, would it be rude if I asked you to make a version of this mod that supports custom textures for the elevator blocks? Right now they use iron block and stone whatever textures and that makes elevators kind of difficult to spot in my base.
    If anyone of you got hurt by a stray brick from one of my walls of text, please accept my honest apologies.
    Quote from SpencerS145 »
    In the next Metorite update, can you please include some options for the rarity of metors, maybe size, or ore rarity.
    Beacuse after 30 days or so in my minecraft world ive come accross about 120 metors. About 2-5 a day land, and i hear one land about every 0.8 days! Also, i once was mining a metor. It was iron. When i finished i turned around to look for more metors that could of landed, and BAM! I see a little ghast fireball come rushing towards the ground so fast at could barely even see it! I went to see it, and found a diamond metor that blew up another metor (lol) sitting below the spot i saw the fireball. That little story is how i saw a metor. (And the only one so far.) Has anyone else seen a metor that hasmt hit the ground yet?

Options will be difficult, but I'll definitely make them a bit rarer. BTW its not a ghast fireball :wink.gif:.

Quote from Yushatak »
    I recall seeing the thread fantasizing/requesting the meteorite mod you have created. I'm impressed that you were able to implement something like that - "compiled" java must be far more open than I thought. Anywho, I'll definitely be trying that to add some spice to the game.

I'm sure I'll find out in the game, but do any materials (besides adminium.. or does that even break due to scripted changes) resist the meteorites? Perhaps obsidian?

Anything that resists explosions will resist the meteorite (so yes, obsidian and adminium will).

Quote from Kazeto »
    Thank you for the elevator mod, I haven't had any use for it before but it's a lifesaver now that I'm trying to build an elaborate underground base.

I have one question though, would it be rude if I asked you to make a version of this mod that supports custom textures for the elevator blocks? Right now they use iron block and stone whatever textures and that makes elevators kind of difficult to spot in my base.

We'll see :tongue.gif:.
    Excellent Meteorite mod. However, I think that the forest fires are too much, simply because I'm struggling to prevent all my wood from vanishing, let alone the game becoming so damn laggy. Mind making an alternative version that doesn't start forest fires?

Also... Nice effect with the falling meteorite effect. I saw it just pass by and I swore it looked like a lightstone ore sprite.
    Ultimate gryphon lover combined with raw power means large responsibilities to protect freedom for humanity.
    Quote from Major Cooke »
    Excellent Meteorite mod. However, I think that the forest fires are too much, simply because I'm struggling to prevent all my wood from vanishing, let alone the game becoming so damn laggy. Mind making an alternative version that doesn't start forest fires?

Also... Nice effect with the falling meteorite effect. I saw it just pass by and I swore it looked like a lightstone ore sprite.

It's just the stone sprite on fire :wink.gif:. I think I'll make a configuration file in the near future.
    Love these mods keep them up.!!!!

10mins = 4 :DORE: meteorites = 28 :Diamond: :SSSS:

But nice mod

In regards to your meteorite mod;

You should make it a little more balanced, like the above post said, 28 diamonds in 10 mins :ohmy.gif:
    Lucky, nonetheless, but still a bit unbalanced.

Make a "Meteorite block"

Could be crafted like;
    :Coal:
    :stone: :stone: :stone:
    :GoldBar: :GoldBar: :GoldBar:

So there is a chance that you could get some <insert material here> from dropping a meteorite, which means you MIGHT get diamond from such an expensive recipe, OR you might just get coal. cry.
    The recipe could be changed, but I think that is quite a good one
    Also, the meteorite block could be placed, a meteorite could fall in the immediate vicinity, i.e 30 blocks each way?

If not, that's okay. This is a suggestion. :biggrin.gif:

P.S. Love the mods <3 :biggrin.gif:
    I need a good quote.. >_>
    can u make that a server plugin too (meteorite)
    Updated the Elevator Block mod. Now supports redstone :iapprove: . Power the top block to make the elevator go up; power the bottom block to make the elevator go down.

Quote from Death »
    can u make that a server plugin too (meteorite)

I have no plans to make a server mod. The server code is obfuscated differently and would require major renaming of methods.

Quote from Logan123uk »
    In regards to your meteorite mod;

You should make it a little more balanced, like the above post said, 28 diamonds in 10 mins :ohmy.gif:
    Lucky, nonetheless, but still a bit unbalanced.

Make a "Meteorite block"

Could be crafted like;
    :Coal:
    :stone: :stone: :stone:
    :GoldBar: :GoldBar: :GoldBar:

So there is a chance that you could get some <insert material here> from dropping a meteorite, which means you MIGHT get diamond from such an expensive recipe, OR you might just get coal. cry.
    The recipe could be changed, but I think that is quite a good one
    Also, the meteorite block could be placed, a meteorite could fall in the immediate vicinity, i.e 30 blocks each way?

If not, that's okay. This is a suggestion. :biggrin.gif:

P.S. Love the mods <3 :biggrin.gif:

Yes, I have balanced out the mod and plan to release it soon. I've also included the recipe and your item :wink.gif:.
    Ethereal i dont really get wat u mean redstone support like how does it work?? Are u saying if u have redstone with a switch it like brings the elevators up or down like in the real world elvators???
    Or wat?? can u give an exmaple or explain it to me if its not a bother xDDDDD :Notch:
    Hey i have added the elevator mod in and i have run minecraft without any errors, though when i go to craft the elevator it doesn't craft.

If anyone could help that would be great.

MAC 0SX 10.5.8

Minecraft 1.2.3 _04
    Quote from 10olivert »
    Hey i have added the elevator mod in and i have run minecraft without any errors, though when i go to craft the elevator it doesn't craft.

MAC 0SX 10.5.8

Minecraft 1.2.3 _04

Are you sure you are using smoothstone in your recipes and not cobblestone?
    I had that problem when I started using this mod.
    If anyone of you got hurt by a stray brick from one of my walls of text, please accept my honest apologies.
    From what I'm understanding; I can't use redstone to make buttons that will make the elevator go up or down while inside of it, but I can use them to make call-to buttons incase it gets left on an different floor? Would it ever be possible to do the former?

Either way your mods are very well put together. Kudos!
    Also see: The Attendee's HD Texture Upgrades for Mods (RP2, BC, IC2, & More!)
    Quote from okillero »
    Ethereal i dont really get wat u mean redstone support like how does it work?? Are u saying if u have redstone with a switch it like brings the elevators up or down like in the real world elvators???
    Or wat?? can u give an exmaple or explain it to me if its not a bother xDDDDD :Notch:

If you wire the bottom block to a button and hit the button, the elevator will go down until you right click it or it hits something.

Quote from TheAttendee »
    From what I'm understanding; I can't use redstone to make buttons that will make the elevator go up or down while inside of it, but I can use them to make call-to buttons incase it gets left on an different floor? Would it ever be possible to do the former?

Yes, the redstone is for call-to buttons. Why would you need buttons if you were inside the elevator? You can just stop the elevator and click on the other block.
    Wait so ethereal if ur elevators is uptop and ur on the way down do u have to make the redstone go all they way up and touch the bottom block so it can go down????

Cause my elevator went up and left me deep down 0_O
    Quote from Ethereal »
    Quote from TheAttendee »

Yes, the redstone is for call-to buttons. Why would you need buttons if you were inside the elevator? You can just stop the elevator and click on the other block.

In conjunction with the controller block I was going to set up a more automated approach to the elevator.

:Glass: :sponge: :Glass: <- Control Block 2
    :Glass: [] :Glass:
    :Glass: :sponge: :Glass: <- Control Block 1
    :Glass: :stair: :Glass: <--- Elevator Top
    :Glass: :stair: :Glass: <---Elevator Bottom

You would press a button while in the elevator and the control block above you would disappear at the exact time the elevator started moving. You would ride up to the next control block and do the same if you wanted to keep going. For going down, I'd just reverse it.
    Also see: The Attendee's HD Texture Upgrades for Mods (RP2, BC, IC2, & More!)
    Quote from Kazeto »
    Quote from 10olivert »

MAC 0SX 10.5.8

Minecraft 1.2.3 _04

Yeah the smelted cobblestone
    I love the meteorite mod, but it's not very fun when you come back from cave exploring and a meteorite has penetrated your celling. At least it was diamond :tongue.gif:. Keep up the good work, I'm looking forward to seeing more from you.
    Quote from 10olivert »
    Quote from Kazeto »
    Quote from 10olivert »

MAC 0SX 10.5.8

Minecraft 1.2.3 _04

Yeah the smelted cobblestone

Have you installed ModLoader?

Quote from TheAttendee »
    Quote from Ethereal »
    Quote from TheAttendee »

In conjunction with the controller block I was going to set up a more automated approach to the elevator.

:Glass: :sponge: :Glass: <- Control Block 2
    :Glass: :sponge: :Glass: <- Control Block 1
    :Glass: :stair: :Glass: <--- Elevator Top
    :Glass: :stair: :Glass: <---Elevator Bottom

You would press a button while in the elevator and the control block above you would disappear at the exact time the elevator started moving. You would ride up to the next control block and do the same if you wanted to keep going. For going down, I'd just reverse it.

Its not really possible because the button can't tell the elevator who pressed the button. Realistically, there's only one person in single player, but if you had, say, a creeper who pressed a pressure plate, then the player could suddenly be teleported back to the elevator and blown up.

EDIT: Why do I always have typos...T.T
    Argh, I can use the Elevator even with things in my hand T_T now I can't fly into the sky then build off of the Elevator, I loved doing that.

Great Mod all the same though, I keep forgetting I can't ride the top of the Elevator though when I hit the down button, so I kept dying XD.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes