1.7.2 Mobs

Mo' Creatures - v6.2.1 with Ents and Moles!

I'm finding this mod is not very good. I'm following the Wiki page for this mod with easy breeding on and 1) my unicor ns are going sterile. 2) The breedings are horribly unsuccessful. I do not recomend this mod to anyone. Especially if they download it for the horses.

Edit: I finale got the pegasus (GV = 5) and bred it to a nightmare (GV = 7) which should have been a Black Pergasus (TGV = 12) but i got a brown! Mind you I do have Easy Breeding on! This is aggravating! I can honestly say i hate this mod.
    Last edited by Iramez: 2/7/2013 4:53:06 PM
    Dr Zhark,

There are several serious bugs in the update settings code that are causing many of the problems that people have with the mobs of other mods (Thaumcraft 3 in particular).

These bugs are easy to fix quickly by doing the following:
    1. Set Modify Vanilla Spawns to NO by default - this will prevent race conditions between the init code and tick handler of this mod and other mods spawn init code. It also prevents your code from killing mobs that are sub-classes of vanilla mobs during init.
    2. Get rid of the check for custom mob spawner at the start of updateSettings and the attached function return - you appear to have the test included in every creature set-up code anyway.
    3. Add the missing Vanilla mobs mobs to PopulateVanillaSpawnLists().
    This should take no more than a few minutes and should provide a temporary fix for the problem people are having with other mods.

Longer term the whole init code needs a rewrite to scan biomes, entities and spawn settings, eliminating the hard coded settings, which will enable you to automatically add support for all other mod's mobs and biomes with full config support without further code modification for each.

The way it is set up at the moment means that adding support for Biomes O Plenty for example would require massive code edits.

That is a couple of days work as the whole init and config code needs a rewrite to do this, but it is worth doing - not a visible change like adding new mobs, but I think it will increase customer satisfaction in your brand immensely.

Hope this helps, I am a fan of your creatures, but I don't like the disruption to gameplay it causes by deleting certian mobs.
    Quote from ILoveGadgets

Hope this helps, I am a fan of your creatures, but I don't like the disruption to gameplay it causes by deleting certian mobs.

Definately my primary thought regarding this mod as well. Really wish the spawner was rewritten to be more efficient, much as you outlined above. Good post!
    Without the check for custom mod spawner at the beginning. It would be overpowering mods more than it already is. It doesn't seem to be checking soon enough, as it still overwrites MSC default spawn config file even when custom mod spawner is off. (I know the workaround but that wasn't the point of my post) In my opinion the perfect solution would be Mo'Creatures using MSC instead of CMS, as it already handles all biomes and mobs no matter what new ones you add. However, DrZhark has worked very hard on CMS so I'm sure that's not an option.
    Always use spoilers when posting error logs.
    [spoiler] error log [/spoiler]
    For easy mod installation and Forge/MC updates, use MultiMC
    It would be nice if I could turn off the werewolf immunity to anything but gold. With all of the difficult mods I have installed this one is the most annoying. If they just took much less damage from non-gold sources it would be much better.
    On this mod how do you change the spawn rates?
    Quote from Iramez

I'm finding this mod is not very good. I'm following the Wiki page for this mod with easy breeding on and 1) my unicor ns are going sterile. 2) The breedings are horribly unsuccessful. I do not recomend this mod to anyone. Especially if they download it for the horses.

Edit: I finale got the pegasus (GV = 5) and bred it to a nightmare (GV = 7) which should have been a Black Pergasus (TGV = 12) but i got a brown! Mind you I do have Easy Breeding on! This is aggravating! I can honestly say i hate this mod.
    Pegasus+Nightmare=Brownie. Pegasus+Cloud Level+ Essence Of Darkness= Black pegasus. And Breeding 2 unicorns doesn't give you anything special anyways...
    Quote from ILoveGadgets

Dr Zhark,

There are several serious bugs in the update settings code that are causing many of the problems that people have with the mobs of other mods (Thaumcraft 3 in particular).

These bugs are easy to fix quickly by doing the following:
    1. Set Modify Vanilla Spawns to NO by default - this will prevent race conditions between the init code and tick handler of this mod and other mods spawn init code. It also prevents your code from killing mobs that are sub-classes of vanilla mobs during init.

2. Get rid of the check for custom mob spawner at the start of updateSettings and the attached function return - you appear to have the test included in every creature set-up code anyway.

3. Add the missing Vanilla mobs mobs to PopulateVanillaSpawnLists().
    This should take no more than a few minutes and should provide a temporary fix for the problem people are having with other mods.

Longer term the whole init code needs a rewrite to scan biomes, entities and spawn settings, eliminating the hard coded settings, which will enable you to automatically add support for all other mod's mobs and biomes with full config support without further code modification for each.

The way it is set up at the moment means that adding support for Biomes O Plenty for example would require massive code edits.

That is a couple of days work as the whole init and config code needs a rewrite to do this, but it is worth doing - not a visible change like adding new mobs, but I think it will increase customer satisfaction in your brand immensely.

Totally agree with you
    Helped you? Press the Green Button! --------------------------------------------------------------->
    Quote from ziuziu12

Pegasus+Nightmare=Brownie. Pegasus+Cloud Level+ Essence Of Darkness= Black pegasus. And Breeding 2 unicorns doesn't give you anything special anyways...
    woah woah woah i have a huge horse farm and have never heard of the brownie please expand on this, is it a brown pegasus? because i want one! Does it get rid of the two horses you use to make it?
    Last edited by mooksie01: 2/7/2013 7:11:50 PM
    Quote from Iramez

That sistem is old, now to breed horses you must use the breeding chart that is in the wiki or in the forum, get a black pegasus is more difficult now. There are some videos explaining the chart.
    If its possible, could you make it so tamed goats dont eat items you drop? i put my black fairy horse into its amulet and my goat ate it =/
    Help evolve Jaws my Carvahna into a powerfull Sharpedo, so it can terrorize swimmers for years to come!
    Quote from thenewtyler2302

If its possible, could you make it so tamed goats dont eat items you drop? i put my black fairy horse into its amulet and my goat ate it =/

lol the most impossible things happen right? and im back making my return to the forums i lost my privilege to the computer now i have it and i will be posting :D
    Hi, I'm a Taiwanese and I plan to have the translation of the mods which
    in English. I found that your mods are
    and I want to translate it into Traditional Chinese. Can you let me
    to work on it? Thanks for any reply.

P.S:I will put your post on MInecraft Firum in my post on the forum of
    Taiwan and Hong Kong

Sorry for my English
    I visited the Mo' Creature wiki for insights into the spawn rates and tailoring to fit my preferences. I was surprised to o not see anything relating to the Custom Mob Spawner. From the Spawn settings, I left Animals set to 90. What does this mean? What was Hostile and Water Mobs originally set to?

As for the individuals, should all the mobs be set to 4? This means what?
    Ever onward, ever forward,I shall go along this dusty road;
    Ever onward, ever forward for stories to share on my site, Inspiration Point
    Quote from Garakson

I visited the Mo' Creature wiki for insights into the spawn rates and tailoring to fit my preferences. I was surprised to o not see anything relating to the Custom Mob Spawner. From the Spawn settings, I left Animals set to 90. What does this mean? What was Hostile and Water Mobs originally set to?

As for the individuals, should all the mobs be set to 4? This means what?

Just press 'Default Setting'
    Quote from Manimal_ty

Just press 'Default Setting'

I've done just that and nothing happens. I, even clicked it after I checked to see if there were any changes. Nothing. :(
    Ever onward, ever forward,I shall go along this dusty road;
    Ever onward, ever forward for stories to share on my site, Inspiration Point
    Mo Creatures keeps changing my Despawn Vanilla Spawn to True. This happens everytime I load minecraft. I always have to change it back to False. Is there a way to fix this?

Edit: Default settings doesn't work for some reason...My custom rates didn't change.

Edit2: Deleting the mo creatures config file didn't help. I retuned it; it still keeps sticking to True on vanilla despawn upon reload of minecraft.
    Last edited by MCKun: 2/7/2013 10:05:32 PM
    I LOVE mo creatues mod i cant wait for the next update
    Last edited by Minecraft9Forever: 2/8/2013 4:12:05 AM
    DUP!!!!! using chests and animals. Open the key and teleport for 100 chunks (for unloading the current one). Then take away all of the inventory and teleport back, reopen all remaining inventory of animal.
    LOL awesome easter egg with the ninja turtles :D

If you found it, you know what i mean :D
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes