- You survive underneath a layer of bedrock, offering you no sky light meaning mobs spawn all the time.
- I havnt come up with an official story yet, thats the WIP
What I Need:
- Story Ideas (why they send you underground)
- Build Ideas to match the story (preferably above bedrock before going underground)
- Feedback on Playability and Surviveability
- make a way back above bedrock
- anything story-baised
This world was created using superflat presets. In said presets was the ability to add lakes, lava lakes, 'decoration' meaning grass trees ect. Which is why above bedrock is sand because grass causes animals and trees to spawn and we don't need that above bedrock.
I also added a feature for villages to be able to spawn but the /locate feature said something like "there are no village locating services" so I'm not sure if they didnt spawn or if I can't locate them at the moment.
Villages are import since the village well would replace the bedrock, giving the player a water stream to climb back above the bedrock.
I originally had the idea "what if the Minecraft world was roofed with glowstone?" And the random seed spawned me in the village, which existed despite the glowstone - which is why I figured a map based on the idea of being stuck in a mob-infested underworld until finding a village would be cool. Unfortunately I didnt get that seed, and idk if it would've worked in 1.12 anyway since seeds can change between versions.
For story ideas I was thinking one of two things.:
1) you were framed for murder and instead of a death sentence you are sent underground because they are sure you will die. Not only do you want to survive but since you were framed you would have motive to go back to the surface
Or 2) you are part of an exposition to drill to earths core when you found an open layer, causing your drill to fall and crash into the layer. Reaching the surface to tell everyone what happened would be motive to go back above the surface
Let me know what you think of these ideas or if you have anything better