[CTM] Ragecraft Series (by heliceo)

Quote from Nickmaz
    Hey guys! Sorry for the potential hype that I may have caused when I said a while ago that I'd most likely be doing an LP of insomnia. As you can probably tell, thats not the case anymore. Again, IRL stuff has taken over and im crazy busy. I wont be making any more promises unless I know for a fact that I can follow through! I was able to find a bit of time every now and then to play the map on my own and I have my victory screenshots - http://imgur.com/fXB...g17VP,32u6q7V#0 - as you can see im quite a hoarder xD (the emerald blocks were taken off of the bonus monument and moved over to the wool monument so i wouldnt be missing a row). Overall, it was a fantastic map Hel. Very well done. Favorite area was probably the invasion or sunken colony. Least favorite was hunting grounds (the wolf mechanic was a bit annoying). Hope to see more from you in the future and I hope i'll have time to at least play them :)

I was wondering what the hell happened to you, but it's good to know you're still alive :D
    And congratz!

Quote from UnknownBnm
    Well. I cheat too much. I2 is done, I played Reptilian complete(FUN), I hated the wolf mechanic of THG so skipped it. I just speed ran through Trinity Caves. I then proceeded to cheat on Archnocapolaploolopcopse. I beat the falling one easily, just speed ran it. Creeper blew up entrance. And am now working on Fear of the Dark. And btw, where is the evil nexus? I saw that in Auras vid, and it looked cool.

I don't want to spoil it, that kind of ruins the surprise. You'll find it eventually, don't worry!
    Last edited by heliceo: 1/17/2014 6:27:00 PM
    Free time machine, ACTIVATE!

I've got so much time to play this map over the next three days, expect another update soonish. I'm still playing through at snail-like speeds, so I might not get horribly far. Oh well, better alive and with custom items than dead and using Sharpness 1 iron swords!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-84UaCjF9ls&list=UUis_HEAV1LOpHnYCtg_nxIA&feature=c4-overview
    WE DID IT!

Anyways Heli this was crazy fun and we are going to do a Map overview video soon. This was crazy fun and hope to do more!
    Quote from End_Effect

WE DID IT!

Anyways Heli this was crazy fun and we are going to do a Map overview video soon. This was crazy fun and hope to do more!

Congratz!!! Game the Insomnia - second map
    Quote from End_Effect
    WE DID IT! Anyways Heli this was crazy fun and we are going to do a Map overview video soon. This was crazy fun and hope to do more!

Congratulations, guys! If there was a CTM hall of fame, you would be in it :D

I'm looking forward to your Insomnia LP. I suggest normal difficulty this time, otherwise it will probably be too easy for you. You can always switch too easy if you are getting destroyed in the later areas.
    Quote from heliceo

Congratulations, guys! If there was a CTM hall of fame, you would be in it :D

I'm looking forward to your Insomnia LP. I suggest normal difficulty this time, otherwise it will probably be too easy for you. You can always switch too easy if you are getting destroyed in the later areas.

Haha thanks! Looking forward to Insomnia

Heliceo do you plan to make more maps? Please answer yes.
    I love your maps, you are a great mapmaker!
    This will take you to my profile page where you can find the links to all this awesome stuff!
    Quote from Vloyo

Heliceo do you plan to make more maps? Please answer yes.
    I love your maps, you are a great mapmaker!

Thank you! I've started working on a new map a couple of days ago, but I haven't done very much yet. I do have some ideas though.

I don't want to give out too much information because I might scrap some of the ideas. All I can offer so far is a small preview of one area that is about 80% finished (some aesthetic changes and lore are planned):
    Last edited by heliceo: 1/20/2014 3:01:34 PM
    Ok. So you're telling me that you basically made the area in that picture look like that in two, three days.

Dude, do you know how fast that is? I couldn't even come close to that time if I'd tried to make an area like that.

Man, you really need to do something to record how you do things like this. If you can't actually record video, then take frequent screenshots or something and explain in text what you're doing. I betcha you'd get a bunch of hits on whatever website you posted something like that to.

I still vote you do this with a speedrun map. Make it like 3 areas or something short. Tossing out ideas: A castle to a floating island chain to an abandoned barracks in the Nether. Each area with a boss that drops wool. You get a basic weapon to start out and earn better weapons by exploring a bit and defeating minibosses, Dark Souls style.

Who else thinks something like this would be really cool?
    Quote from heliceo

Thank you! I've started working on a new map a couple of days ago, but I haven't done very much yet. I do have some ideas though.

Oh my God, that looks amazing, hope the third map will be completed, not to jinx it or anything, but most mapmakers give up at either the second or third map.
    I am having SO much fun with the "insomnia" map! I am at the sunken colony right now and enjoying the loot. I have played probably 70+ hours because I like trying to 100% complete things. I really hope you make a third map. Best map aesthetically I have ever seen.
    Quote from heliceo

I don't want to give out too much information because I might scrap some of the ideas. All I can offer so far is a small preview of one area that is about 80% finished (some aesthetic changes and lore are planned):
    *snip*

Oh my god.

I simply have no words for that. It's incredible, just like every single screenshot you put out. And like Calvin said, 2-3 days is a REALLY fast time to make an area like that. If I tried to make something like that it would likely take a week or more and it still wouldn't look as good as what you've got there.

(Signature made by SniperGoth!)
    I can't wait to see the new 1.8 commands implemented in a well made map... The possibilities for bosses/mechanics are ridiculous, especially with a mapmaker like heliceo. Bring on the third!
    Quote from heliceo

Oh my God! How to make it. Looks very nice. This is burning village.
    P.S. At present it the best mapper in history CTM.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xTi8R7ubLE&feature=youtu.be

SORRY, This should be live in a hour or so but it is the REVIEW of (The Corrupted Path).

I hope you guys really enjoy.
    I'm done. I cheat. I hate Black Wool. Make an area, not an arena. Bai. Good map.
    Quote from UnknownBnm

I'm done. I cheat. I hate Black Wool. Make an area, not an arena. Bai. Good map.

With all the OP st00f you have by the end of the map, an intense boss fight makes sense. For one thing, the castle kind of IS the area, even though it's basically just the red wool area (which, btw, already lags Minecraft to hell so an additional even more extreme area for the black wool would be pretty much impossible realistically). Another thing I like about the final challenge is that it's kind of "all or nothing", which is what the black wool symbolizes as the final stretch of a map.

Of course, as usual, it probably boils down to blah blah blah opinions.
    Quote from heliceo

Quote from The Sketch
    Oh my god. I simply have no words for that. It's incredible, just like every single screenshot you put out. And like Calvin said, 2-3 days is a REALLY fast time to make an area like that. If I tried to make something like that it would likely take a week or more and it still wouldn't look as good as what you've got there.

Quote from _Gunter_

Oh my God! How to make it. Looks very nice. This is burning village.
    P.S. At present it the best mapper in history CTM.

That looks really nice and thank you for working on another map!

P.S I totally agree with Gunter and The Sketch! This shows I am not the only one who loves your maps and thinks that you are one awesome mapmaker!
    Last edited by stankataa95: 1/22/2014 11:42:15 AM
    This will take you to my profile page where you can find the links to all this awesome stuff!
    Hey helices make a mini-map. I love your first area so much, iMO best area in ANY CTM map of all time. I love the experience of starting bad and slowly getting stronger and getting more area. You start in one place and have to progress graveyard by graveyard or then you get overwhelmed. I love that experience, make another area like that.
    Quote from heliceo

.......speachless......
    My CTM Series
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes