The Mysterious East- An Asian Themed Adventure Map! [Featured by the Yogcast!] {1.6.1} [Now with Custom Music!] {48,000+ downloa

Quote from theshow96

I uploaded it and it's ready! Hope you all enjoy this!

Very good! Can't wait for more episodes! I linked it to the front page along with your channel

Quote from rogelionino55

how do you install it

cool

Take the texturepack and place it in your texture pack folder

then take the adventure map file and use a program like winzip to unzip it

take the folder inside the zipped folder and place it in the "saves" folder in the minecraft
    Last edited by Pikimon_2: 3/23/2013 10:57:04 PM
    Click the signature above :D You know you want to
    New video by Serugador!

Lol fail^

Click the link^ You know you want to :3
    Lol thats what I get for posting on my phone
    Any feedback?
    We updated the texture pack for people still in 1.4.7

http://www.mediafire.com/?5stom8t2o1cqs6s
    Last edited by Cesar123isback: 3/24/2013 10:39:23 PM
    Click the link^ You know you want to :3
    I was going to post it up :C
    562 downloads since we uploaded 3 days ago :o
    This map looks absolutely amazing! I love that bamboo town most of all. And your Buddah statue looks great!
    I just started, but this map is so gorgeous! It's fun, and so far the parkour isn't totally impossible to solve like many maps i've tried. Good job! I love the texture, and the way you laid out the quests :)
    Quote from ninjachubs1

This map looks absolutely amazing! I love that bamboo town most of all. And your Buddah statue looks great!

Thanks! It was a pain to plant all that bamboo by hand :P definatly very tume consuming
    Quote from jessixa

I just started, but this map is so gorgeous! It's fun, and so far the parkour isn't totally impossible to solve like many maps i've tried. Good job! I love the texture, and the way you laid out the quests :)

The parkour I had to calculate very well bc some jumps I thought were easy turned out to be near impossible, thankfully I fixed those issues early on.
    New video! Not sure what's going on lol

Wholly molly, what a map!

The visual experience offered in this adventure is like none other. Up, down, or straight ahead: wherever you look, your eyes are constantly being bombarded with wave upon wave of detail. Always, the player has to decide whether to gawk at the beauty of the verdant forest ground cover, gaze up at the looming cliff faces coated with masks, swords, cascading waterfalls, pottery, and all manner of Eastern knick-knacks, look down at the colorful carpets with oriental patterns, or, perhaps most important of all, at the oncoming army of malevolent, kimono-clad, fan-wielding zombie geishas.

The story too is thoughtfully crafted and adds significantly to the map's experience. The large collection of characters that you meet along your journey all have well-written dialogue, and the side-quests that they oftentimes provide serve as fun and rewarding diversions from your main goal of waking up.

The gameplay is the only area of this map that felt a little lacking. Most of the challenges were limited to combat and parkour, with occasional Chinese history questions and target shooting. Now what was there was well done: combat was challenging, but not impossible, loot was parceled out in sparing but sufficient fashion, and the jumping was quite fun and smooth- you couldn't help but feel like some martail arts movie star as you leaped from platform to platform :D . Still, this is a long adventure, and combat and parkour get a little old by the end of it. It would have been nice if there were a few more kinds of challenges like puzzles and speed runs.

Nonetheless, this map still provides an immensely entertaining and unique experience. I'd say the map-makers' eight months of hard work has payed off well, for I've been playing adventure maps for a while now, and have never in the many maps I've completed seen a world as immersive and beautifully detailed as this one.
    Last edited by BlockMagexXx: 3/25/2013 3:28:49 PM
    Wolf-themed castle, treetop village, pirate cove, and a sprawling medieval town- click below to check out our fantasy world!
    Loved the map! 53 Jade!
    Played the map with tronie! Absolutely Amazing! This takes the cake as my favorite Minecraft map so far, beating out more advertised maps like Kingdom of the sky!
    Quote from BlockMagexXx

Wholly molly, what a map!

The visual experience offered in this adventure is like none other. Up, down, or straight ahead: wherever you look, your eyes are constantly being bombarded with wave upon wave of detail. Always, the player has to decide whether to gawk at the beauty of the verdant forest ground cover, gaze up at the looming cliff faces coated with masks, swords, cascading waterfalls, pottery, and all manner of Eastern knick-knacks, look down at the colorful carpets with oriental patterns, or, perhaps most important of all, at the oncoming army of malevolent, kimono-clad, fan-wielding zombie geishas.

The story too is thoughtfully crafted and adds significantly to the map's experience. The large collection of characters that you meet along your journey all have well-written dialogue, and the side-quests that they oftentimes provide serve as fun and rewarding diversions from your main goal of waking up.

The gameplay is the only area of this map that felt a little lacking. Most of the challenges were limited to combat and parkour, with occasional Chinese history questions and target shooting. Now what was there was well done: combat was challenging, but not impossible, loot was parceled out in sparing but sufficient fashion, and the jumping was quite fun and smooth- you couldn't help but feel like some martail arts movie star as you leaped from platform to platform :D . Still, this is a long adventure, and combat and parkour get a little old by the end of it. It would have been nice if there were a few more kinds of challenges like puzzles and speed runs.

Nonetheless, this map still provides an immensely entertaining and unique experience. I'd say the map-makers' eight months of hard work has payed off well, for I've been playing adventure maps for a while now, and have never in the many maps I've completed seen a world as immersive and beautifully detailed as this one.

Thank you! Yeah we actually had to remove an entire section of the map because it was too parkour ish, originally in Chapter 3 there was supposed to be a portion of the map that looked like the Great Wall of China. Mind if we put your post on the front page?

Quote from tronie66

Loved the map! 53 Jade!

Thank you! I believe there are 64 Jade in total, but a lot of them are difficult to find :P

Played the map with tronie! Absolutely Amazing! This takes the cake as my favorite Minecraft map so far, beating out more advertised maps like Kingdom of the sky!

Thank you for the support!
    Quote from Pikimon_2

Thank you! Yeah we actually had to remove an entire section of the map because it was too parkour ish, originally in Chapter 3 there was supposed to be a portion of the map that looked like the Great Wall of China. Mind if we put your post on the front page?

Sure, I don't mind. It's kind of a shame that you had to cut a section of the map from the adventure; you should have kept it in as a side quest or a bonus area at the end. If nothing else, at least it would offer plenty of eye-candy. :)

Wow, 64 jade was the total in the map? :o I had 63 at the end.
    Wolf-themed castle, treetop village, pirate cove, and a sprawling medieval town- click below to check out our fantasy world!
    Quote from BlockMagexXx

Sure, I don't mind. It's kind of a shame that you had to cut a section of the map from the adventure; you should have kept it in as a side quest or a bonus area at the end. If nothing else, at least it would offer plenty of eye-candy. :)

Wow, 64 jade was the total in the map? :o I had 63 at the end.

Ultimatly it was too plain for everyones tastes. Pluscwe ran out of ideas for iconic Asian landscapes
    More videos!

Any feedback?
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes