[CTM][Collection] Ruins Of The Mindcrackers 1 & 2 - 80 000+ Downloads - New Map In The Works, Pandemonium.

Wow, what a heated argument. Baked, the map might not be the most original but it is still really fun and looks good. Sure, he uses other builds, but at least he makes them look good and play pretty well too.
    Btw Gnomestyle compared to the first intersections of your map, you have gotten much better. The first intersection of ROTM1 was kind of simple but it got much better as it progressed along.

PAGE GET!
    Last edited by soupbob: 6/10/2013 2:58:20 PM
    Extremely excited for ROTM 2! :D
    Quote from soupbob

Wow, what a heated argument. Baked, the map might not be the most original but it is still really fun and looks good. Sure, he uses other builds, but at least he makes them look good and play pretty well too.
    Btw Gnomestyle compared to the first intersections of your map, you have gotten much better. The first intersection of ROTM1 was kind of simple but it got much better as it progressed along.

PAGE GET!

1) It's not a heated argument if only one person is mad. :P
    2) It's my opinion if I like a map or not. You can have yours, but I'm allowed to have my own. Personally, the thing that mainly makes or breaks a map in my opinion is whether it's original; but that's my opinion.
    Eᴠᴇʀʏ 60 sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅs ɪɴ Aғʀɪᴄᴀ, ᴀ ᴍɪɴᴜᴛᴇ ᴘᴀssᴇs. Tᴏɢᴇᴛʜᴇʀ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ sᴛᴏᴘ ᴛʜɪs. Pʟᴇᴀsᴇ sᴘʀᴇᴀᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀᴅ
    Quote from Baked_Applez

1) It's not a heated argument if only one person is mad. :P
    2) It's my opinion if I like a map or not. You can have yours, but I'm allowed to have my own. Personally, the thing that mainly makes or breaks a map in my opinion is whether it's original; but that's my opinion.

Lol, I hope you don't ban me from your server
    Quote from Baked_Applez

It's my opinion if I like a map or not. You can have yours, but I'm allowed to have my own. Personally, the thing that mainly makes or breaks a map in my opinion is whether it's original; but that's my opinion.

While that is true, it doesn't give you the authority to argue back at the mapmaker, regardless of how he or she might respond (unless said mapmaker = Hybran). That only makes matters worse.

On the other hand, I do believe Gnome could have written his original response in a better way to avoid all this. Your first post wasn't offending, but the argument that arose from it was.

Can we get back on the topic now?
    Last edited by Interion864: 6/10/2013 7:29:56 PM
    I saw Beef, Pause and Etho play ROTM1, so I hope they play ROTM2 as well! Keep up the good work, and I can't wait to see what Bdubs build you put in the 2nd one!
    Quote from soupbob

Lol, I hope you don't ban me from your server
    Why would I ban you?
    Eᴠᴇʀʏ 60 sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅs ɪɴ Aғʀɪᴄᴀ, ᴀ ᴍɪɴᴜᴛᴇ ᴘᴀssᴇs. Tᴏɢᴇᴛʜᴇʀ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ sᴛᴏᴘ ᴛʜɪs. Pʟᴇᴀsᴇ sᴘʀᴇᴀᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀᴅ
    All I can say about this map in 1.6 is...

Took a stab at The Lost RV(?), I'm using 1.6 snapshots, and these new social Zombies are tough! I played for a while, and then it occurred to me that I should screenshot this madness.

There's been more than this as well. Damn, there's a lot of Zombies! I'm sure that this will be nerfed again in the next snapshot, but sadly I should wait until the next snapshot to take anouther stab at it. Oh yeah, did I tell you I died?

A horde of - and I'm not exaggerating - at least 5 Zombies, 2 Skeletons and a Creeper fell on me. I was doomed. Darn, I haven't died since the Deadly Forest! Expect area feedback from me next week!
    Quote from Baked_Applez

Why would I ban you?

It was a joke :D
    So... why is it down?
    Quote from Swiftykitty2K

All I can say about this map in 1.6 is...

Took a stab at The Lost RV(?), I'm using 1.6 snapshots, and these new social Zombies are tough! I played for a while, and then it occurred to me that I should screenshot this madness.

There's been more than this as well. Damn, there's a lot of Zombies! I'm sure that this will be nerfed again in the next snapshot, but sadly I should wait until the next snapshot to take anouther stab at it. Oh yeah, did I tell you I died?

A horde of - and I'm not exaggerating - at least 5 Zombies, 2 Skeletons and a Creeper fell on me. I was doomed. Darn, I haven't died since the Deadly Forest! Expect area feedback from me next week!

Yeah... 1.6 snapshots are cray cray. Some guys tried RotM 2 beta in a 1.6 snapshot let's just say they had a very, very bad time. Hopefully the 1.6 isn't that bad so I don't have to rebalance I1/I2 in both maps ._.

Also your new picture made me burst out laughing :P
    Quote from GnomeStyle

Yeah... 1.6 snapshots are cray cray. Some guys tried RotM 2 beta in a 1.6 snapshot let's just say they had a very, very bad time. Hopefully the 1.6 isn't that bad so I don't have to rebalance I1/I2 in both maps ._.

Also your new picture made me burst out laughing :P

Hehe, it's hard to tear me away from the snapshots! I'd play on 1.5, but I've done building with the new blocks, so it's unfeasible. XD As for my new profile pic, I'm not one for self-promotion, but *cough* *cough* http://twitter.com/Swiftykitty2K *cough*. It will all make sense then. ;)
    Quote from soupbob

It was a joke :D
    So... why is it down?
    Okay. I was scared that I came across as a ginormous jerk.

It's down because mcprohosting sucks and doesn't realize that I want to change the world.
    Quote from Baked_Applez

Okay. I was scared that I came across as a ginormous jerk.

It's down because mcprohosting sucks and doesn't realize that I want to change the world.

No don't worry
    So will the map contain more custom spawners Joel?
    Quote from soupbob

So will the map contain more custom spawners Joel?

A very low amount, nothing you'll see very often or maybe not even notice.
    Quote from GnomeStyle

A very low amount, nothing you'll see very often or maybe not even notice.

Will there be custom mobs with custom armour and custom weapons and custom names and custom loot drops with custom textures and custom sounds using the new custom resource packs?
    Quote from Swiftykitty2K

Will there be custom mobs with custom armour and custom weapons and custom names and custom loot drops with custom textures and custom sounds using the new custom resource packs?

That's too much custom, guy :P
    LOOKS AWESOME!!!!

I loved this map as minecrack played it! I have to play with friends, awesome map!

Hi everybody,

GnomeStyle, thank you for this very nice map.
    I first tried to do it with a friend, but we are not able to synchronize us.

So, now it's in solo that I do this adventure in search of wool.

Current Status:
    • The decorations are beautiful and well crafted.
    • The frame is well made​​, we know where we are going and how to go.
    • The difficulty is well calibrated (I play easy) despite the skeletons.
    • The hidden chests offer a real plus.
    • No negatives at the moment, very good map.
    If you are speaking french, here is the link to my playlist devoted to this map.
    One episode per day, 30 minutes of daily adventure :)

Ruins of the mindcrackers with Eorana

Best regards.

Ps : Sorry for any mistakes, I mainly use google translate

Salut à tous,

Merci GnomeStyle pour cette carte fort sympathique.
    J'ai d'abord tenté de la faire avec un ami, mais nous ne sommes pas parvenu à nous synchroniser.

C'est donc en solo que je fais actuellement cette aventure à la recherche de laines.

Bilan actuel :
    • Les décors sont superbes et bien travaillés.
    • La trame est bien faite, on sait où on doit aller et par quel chemin y aller.
    • La difficulté est bien jaugée (je joue en facile) malgré les squelettes.
    • Les coffres cachés offrent un réel plus.
    • Pas de points négatifs pour le moment, très bonne map.
    Si vous êtes francophones, voici le lien de ma playlist consacrée à cette map.
    Un épisode par jour, 30 minutes d'aventure quotidiennes :)

Ruins of the mindrackers avec Eorana

Bonne continuation !
    Last edited by Eorana: 6/27/2013 3:51:41 AM
    Quote from MCMan132

LOOKS AWESOME!!!!

Thank you very much, sir!

Quote from baseball5213

I loved this map as minecrack played it! I have to play with friends, awesome map!

Thank you very much, I hope you have fun with your friends!

Quote from Eorana

Hi everybody,

GnomeStyle, thank you for this very nice map.
    I first tried to do it with a friend, but we are not able to synchronize us.

So, now it's in solo that I do this adventure in search of wool.

Current Status:
    • The decorations are beautiful and well crafted.
    • The frame is well made​​, we know where we are going and how to go.
    • The difficulty is well calibrated (I play easy) despite the skeletons.
    • The hidden chests offer a real plus.
    • No negatives at the moment, very good map.
    If you are speaking french, here is the link to my playlist devoted to this map.
    One episode per day, 30 minutes of daily adventure :)

Ruins of the mindcrackers with Eorana

Best regards.

Ps : Sorry for any mistakes, I mainly use google translate

Thank you very much for the kind words, RotM 2 will soon be out aswell. I checked out your video and you have a really nice voice to listen to, if I only knew french, haha. Anyways I hope you have fun with the map and good luck with your youtube channel!
    Last edited by GnomeStyle: 6/15/2013 12:06:25 PM
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes