The Minecraft Collaborative Artful Map Project

Cancelled

Last edited by dasbuttocks: 2/14/2013 10:28:07 AM
    I'm in! I'll probably do a 31x31x18 box, and some sort of exhibition. Start at the sponge block and get teleported to the next.... or something like that.......
    Need to play Dream Of Icarus as soon as possible I guess...
    Other maps from Gustavo Team: Cubeception, Cubeception 2, Old Hatreds
    Hoping to join this.
    Do you want to promote a link on my review thread too?

Im gonna try my luck :P

I'll start now :D

My safari extentions are freaking out don't worry about those link things
    Last edited by batmanwings: 11/26/2012 8:15:31 AM
    I'll give it a shot.
    Why not subscribe to my YouTube? There's Survival LPs, Adventure Map Showcases, contests, tutorials, skilled PVP matches and more!*
    *well... maybe not more as such
    Quote from rsmalec

Hoping to join this.
    Do you want to promote a link on my review thread too?

Yes indeed. I was short of time last night and made this thread quickly just so the video wasn't all alone. Now I've got the time to properly circulate this. Thanks for the offer!
    I'd love to be involved with this.
    How will participants be credited?
    I've got an idea for some sort of entry. It's really hard not to focus on story when emotion centres around story, and so I'm struggling on how to do this one, but I'll give it a go.
    Quote from Preistbob

I've got an idea for some sort of entry. It's really hard not to focus on story when emotion centres around story, and so I'm struggling on how to do this one, but I'll give it a go.

Focus on the story however you'd like, just so long as the end goal is to evoke a meaningful emotional response. The idea is to get depth and symbolism, not disclude everything else. I apologize if I made it seem that way.

Quote from Corpeh

How will participants be credited?

The name of the creator will be associated with the segment inside the map. There will also be some form of overall credits in the map and in this thread. Actually, now that you mention it, what I'll do is ask for links to threads that people would like to associate with themselves so that when I put credits in this post, people can easily find others works from the makers of their favorite submissions.
    Quote from dasbuttocks

The name of the creator will be associated with the segment inside the map. There will also be some form of overall credits in the map and in this thread. Actually, now that you mention it, what I'll do is ask for links to threads that people would like to associate with themselves so that when I put credits in this post, people can easily find others works from the makers of their favorite submissions.

Sounds exellent.
    I really love the idea of this and am going to try. Is there a limit to how many entries a single person can submit?
    Quote from jGazMom

I really love the idea of this and am going to try. Is there a limit to how many entries a single person can submit?

I'd say no limit. We'll gladly put in a little more effort to place them all if you want to go to the great effort of making multiple submissions. I'll add that to the first post as well.
    OK, I've submitted my (first?) entry and hopefully it's what Mr Butt is looking for.
    So there, the stone is in motion, let's see how far it gets! :-)
    Quote from rsmalec

Hoping to join this.

Remember those poems in MC you've already done?? MORE! Or take one of them!!

OK, I've submitted my (first?) entry and hopefully it's what Mr Butt is looking for.
    So there, the stone is in motion, let's see how far it gets! :-)

That is exactly what Mr. Butt is looking for. That is a great start.
    Hmmm, I might enter. I stink at doing "deep" works, though (except for mine shafts).
    Want to risk your sanity? Check out my YouTube channel!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/cpm4001
    Quote from cpm4001 »

Hmmm, I might enter. I stink at doing "deep" works, though (except for mine shafts).

I don't think it's about "depth", more of "things that we want to do in Minecraft, but can't wrap a whole custom map around".

Here's a couple of ideas:
    * How come we dream in colour, and what would it look like if we didn't?
    * "What if":s; There must be plenty of "what if":s that can't fit into an ordinary custom map. "What if we lived on Mars and thought there might be life on that dull wet Earth?" "What if kangaroos were four times as big?" And so on......
    (If I can make a plausible Lil' Red Ridin' Hood, I've got a "What If" for you).
    * A strange picture that changes slightly, (rather big and a lot of pistons, I suppose).

And if I'm off track with the rolling stone with above thoughts, I hope Mr Definite B or Mr Substantial B will correct me. :D

Can i Submitt music with it to go in the background while you play my map?
    Last edited by batmanwings: 11/28/2012 6:46:34 PM
    I've found I rather like doing collaboration maps, so I'd like to also submit something. I have a couple of ideas at the moment so I may submit more than one.
    I think I'll play this Icarus map first. Looks cool.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes