[ADV][1.4]Dreams of Icarus

Dreams of Icarus

An unconventional custom map

By Mortazo

Map Download Link

Click Here

Info

Dreams of Icarus is a short adventure map that puts you in the role of an actor in the fictional play Dreams of Icarus on the night of the dress rehearsal before the premiere. It is that simple.

The map is played in adventure mode set on peaceful. There are no hostile mob fights, and minimal puzzles. The map is strictly story and exploration driven.

I encourage you to completely explore your surroundings using any resources that may be provided.

This map is very short, it might take anywhere from 5 to 15 minutes to complete. It is probably not going to take most people much longer than that, so I'm reluctant to call this an adventure map proper. It is more of an interesting distraction if you will.

There is a phase of the map where you may find yourself in the position to use some creativity. I encourage people to post screenshots or even map downloads demonstrating what you did.

Screenshots

Let's Plays

Tstorm823 and R_fostoria

artdrizzel

Fellonius the Wizard

Phoenixlrd
    Last edited by Mortazo: 11/27/2012 8:27:31 PM
    I played this last night. It was... interesting to say the least. I think I'm gonna make a video playthrough of this today just because it's so different. It'll be posted by the youtube and forum account dasbuttocks. I hope you don't mind.
    lp comming =D

here it is...
    Last edited by artdrizzel: 11/22/2012 12:00:22 AM
    Quote from tstorm823

I played this last night. It was... interesting to say the least. I think I'm gonna make a video playthrough of this today just because it's so different. It'll be posted by the youtube and forum account dasbuttocks. I hope you don't mind.

Go right ahead, that would be cool.

Quote from artdrizzel

lp comming =D

here it is...

Thanks for playing man, mind if I link the video in the op?

Here you go!
    Thanks for playing guys, I put both Let's Plays on the op.
    Not to be picky, but could you put the numbers in my name in the OP in order. It's not really a big deal, but I'd appreciate it. Thanks.
    Quote from tstorm823

Not to be picky, but could you put the numbers in my name in the OP in order. It's not really a big deal, but I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

done
    Dreams of Icarus (Creation 18/20) by Mortazo
    Date tested/downloaded: 2012-11-24
    I love this map! It's so different from other maps, that it should have it's own genre. I'm not even going to tell you, what it's about, you need to find out for yourselves. But don't expect a boss fight, or a giant maze or a pile of gold, unless that's what you see in your dreams. The Story/Theme is total, 5/5. The Quest is inside your own mind, and I needed to be reminded of that, 4/5. The experience is overwhelming, but a bit short and very adult, 4/5. The Build is very good, with very good use of all the new stuff, Minecraft has been putting in, 5/5. 18/20 is my grade, and this is a personal favourite.
    (And a Let's Play will be posted later).

Thank You!

It's so different from other maps, that it should have it's own genre.

When you put it that way, it makes sense. If an adventure map is a novel, this map was more of a poem.

(And a Let's Play will be posted later).

I look forward to it.
    Quote from Mortazo

I look forward to it.

Ehum, forgot to mention that my videos shall not be shown on Curse, so I've posted my little LP on my YT channel yesterday.
    I would like to thank you for giving me the opportunity to experience such an amazingly imaginative map.

Wonderful job.
    Check out my YouTube channel!
    www.youtube.com/cheesiechrist
    Very interesting!
    ColdFusionGaming's Custom Minecraft Maps - The L'brour Mansion - Gloria - Monstrosity - Soaring No Longer
    Quote from CheesieChrist

I would like to thank you for giving me the opportunity to experience such an amazingly imaginative map.

Wonderful job.

Thank You
    Your map inspired this project!

I'd really like if you made a submission, and I'm going to send you a private message, so look out for that.
    Quote from dasbuttocks

Your map inspired this project!

I'd really like if you made a submission, and I'm going to send you a private message, so look out for that.

Seems like a cool idea.
    I found this playthrough of your map on the youtubes. Though you might like to see, it's actually pretty good.

I will add it to the op.
    WOW im not quite sure what to make of this map, never before have i ever played a map with creative, and this is such an original idea, but i do think some signs are needed in your "dream" as i felt like flying up and breaking the glass was cheating but other than that nice short map!

well done!!!
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes