[CTM][Collection] The Cybele Adventures [DISCONTINUED/ABANDONED]

THIS MAP SERIES HAS BEEN ABANDONED
    DUE TO MY NEWFOUND LACK OF INTEREST
    IN MINECRAFT. ALL MAPS ARE AS PROVIDED
    AND WILL NOT BE UPDATED. SUPPORT
    QUESTIONS WILL NOT BE ANSWERED.

A series of custom maps based in the land of Cybele, these maps are Complete the Monument style, which means that all 16 colours of wool must be placed on the monument in order to complete the map.

You may break and place any and all blocks.
    Wool blocks that were not found in chests (I.E crafted wool or wool from sheep) may not be used on the monument.
    No mods that add any new mobs/blocks to the game.
    No disabling bedrock fog.
    Play on a minimum difficulty of Easy (preferably Normal or Hard)
    Don't leave the map.

So I finally got round to remaking Lava Leaps! It's not a complete remake, as the amount of effort required to do that would make it easier to start again, but it has been significantly improved!

Lava Leaps II DOWNLOAD DOWNLOAD (.zip)

Lava Leaps I

In case you want it... DOWNLOAD DOWNLOAD (.zip)

(old thread)

This is a slightly harder map, with the latter part built around 1.2. This would probably be classed by Vechs on about a par with Spellbound Caves.

DOWNLOAD

Well, it was a long time coming, but it's finally here. Can you take on the terror that is: The Scorched Ocean? (Difficulty level: medium, but gets much harder as you progress...)

DOWNLOAD DOWNLOAD (.zip)

Desolate Dreamscape is a brutal difficulty map in which you can have all the resources you ever need! But in return, you also get all the spawners you never wanted!

DOWNLOAD

Lava Leaps:

Jeroxy, who plays through as himself...

YorMumsWorstNiteMare, who reads signs like a maniac and dies 7 times before getting to the tree.

ReddCarran, who proceeds to pronounce everything wrong but makes up for it by actually doing quite well for himself...
    DepthCharge Caverns

Everguard, who loves free minecarts...

The Scorched Ocean

Erijah, who doesn't use good loot for fear of losing it...

Legion732, who thought hoes were decent weapons...

EagleExcel, who starts by throwing himself to his death under no discernible pressure...

Desolate Dreamscape

Everguard, who starts in the Open Beta and likes tree chopping

Erijah, who is not the best player but a good laugh is bound to be had!

And once you've played my maps, go check out the CTM Shop for more!

Feel free to give feedback, make LP's etc., but if you're doing anything to an external source all I ask is that you credit me. Thankyou! (and good luck...)

If you want to help support the Cybele Adventures, put the banner in your sig!

[url=http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1087575-ctmcollection-the-cybele-adventures/][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Og39I.png[/IMG][/url]

Just copy and paste this into your sig

Vechs, for making the CTM toolkit and just generally being awesome,
    Codewarrior and TkTech for creating and maintaining MCedit,
    Jeroxy, Everguard, Jetshrike, and all my other beta testers (and fellow Crusaders :D ),
    Anyone who makes a let's play,

WittyWhiscash for the banner,
    Torien for the awesome thread design
    and You for playing these maps!

You can also check out my youtube channel with all sorts of minecraft related stuff here:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Kaiderian
    Last edited by kingkaider: 10/13/2013 8:01:33 PM
    i'm trying your map so far it is great good work :D
    Just downloading your maps now, can't wait to try them. I'll do them in order, would LP them but my computer is rubbish -.-
    I noticed there were a lot of unnecessary files in the save folder. I'd suggest deleting everything but the "data" folder, the "region" folder, and "level.dat," since those are the only files that are actually needed. If you did that, the download would be about twice as fast.

Other than that, is looks great! I'll update this thread with my progress as I play.
    Quote from OmegaLambda
    With science, evidence comes before explanation. With religion, explanation comes before evidence.
    Quote from stuntdude

I noticed there were a lot of unnecessary files in the save folder. I'd suggest deleting everything but the "data" folder, the "region" folder, and "level.dat," since those are the only files that are actually needed. If you did that, the download would be about twice as fast.

Other than that, is looks great! I'll update this thread with my progress as I play.

The Lava Leaps download is a mess, I know, and DepthCharge could be cleaner. I'll edit these in some point soon, but atm I'm working on sorting out a few weird side effects of 1.2 conversion in both maps, so I'll re-do them when they're done.
    Well then boys and girls, my first SMP based map is out!
    Download Triple Terror now!

The download links for the other two maps have also been updated, so they should now have a couple of 1.2 bugs fixed, and be smaller file sizes to download. Enjoy!
    I'm gonner try Depth Charge caverns

PS: Does Triple Terror have to be played SMP or can it be played single player if you really want to
    Triple Terror CAN be played Single player, but you may struggle, and a lot of design elements are based around SMP.

I wouldn't recommend it, but I won't stop you...
    Ok so I heard you need feedback on depthcharge caverns, so here is some!

Well I got some wood from the tree (which I'd leave dirt under if I were you) and I like your fake fleecybox^^, I got to the first intersection and here's what I think, I love the first wool area, simply because it leads you into a false sense of security (if it is meant to easy, it really isn't... and I've played a lot of hard CTM maps) the railway area, is in my opinion good, but the trap is stupid, I didn't go on the track I walked but accidently set it off at the end, I had three stone, no pickaxe and two torches, which means I now have no choice but to cheat to get back, so ya know, maybe in a chest but enough blocks to get back, but I'm finding it quite fun so far, shame I have to spawn some blocks to get back...
    you don't have to spawn blocks to get back... look around. Explore.
    Quote from kingkaider

you don't have to spawn blocks to get back... look around. Explore.

Well I don't have a pick, I have no torches (well... 2...) so what could I use to get back? I can't use the wool because there isn't enough, and it burns.
    There is some supplies and an alternate way back anyway...
    Just to say thanks for all the downloads guys, it's great to know people are liking what I'm making!

<3
    This post contained pictures of an abandoned project. Nothing to see here, move along...

<3
    Last edited by kingkaider: 6/6/2012 1:26:34 PM
    K, recorded some footage of Lava Leaps, gonner do a few episodes then upload them. (currently done two)
    Quote from Denzien

K, recorded some footage of Lava Leaps, gonner do a few episodes then upload them. (currently done two)

YAY!

On an unrelated note, the lighting bugs have become so irritating that I have paused development of my current project until they have been fixed :(
    Quote from kingkaider

YAY!

On an unrelated note, the lighting bugs have become so irritating that I have paused development of my current project until they have been fixed :(

I tried to upload the first episode and there's no point, it loads in percentage and it was taking about 30 minutes for 1 percent... it took 1 and half hours to get to three percent, so oh well, I will try record at a lower FPS to lower the file size, but I will have to do it another day, I record at my dads, because the computer at my normal home cant record very well...

But for your lighting problems:
    http://www.minecraft...m-skylight-bug/

:)

EDIT:
    I would add some better pics of lava leaps, the ones you have dont really show the map in its full glory..
    Last edited by Denzien: 4/9/2012 9:21:41 AM
    Quote from Denzien

I tried to upload the first episode and there's no point, it loads in percentage and it was taking about 30 minutes for 1 percent... it took 1 and half hours to get to three percent, so oh well, I will try record at a lower FPS to lower the file size, but I will have to do it another day, I record at my dads, because the computer at my normal home cant record very well..

What file type/size are you trying to upload?
    y did u copy Vechs?
    I Have A CTM Map Series! Go Check It Out!!! :D http://www.minecraft...eedback-needed/
    Quote from Maranatha

y did u copy Vechs?

*Sigh*

Those who have actually read Vechs' first post will realise that he encourages the making of other CTM maps and in fact even provides a toolkit to do so.

None of my maps directly copy Vechs' areas, and therefore the only thing that I have taken from him is inspiration and the genre.
    I doubt you can claim a genre can be copyrighted.

I swear, there's one of these posts on every CTM thread.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes