[CTM][Collection] Vechs' SUPER HOSTILE Series

We completed Kaizo Caverns!

(The signs were to keep track of our progress, they were all legit)

The Mastery Monument took forever, we tried to dig a tunnel from the VM to the grass block, but we found a Bedrock barrier :

By the way,
    Dalania will rise!
    Last edited by Herrete: 9/8/2011 7:06:57 PM
    It took me an entire video, but I finally thought up a good name for the brick and glass enclosures that vechs now highlights the wool chests in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZhTle2QnjU
    So, Vechs, I'm making a CTM map, and I really want to make sure I'm not in any grey areas legally...

...Well, the problem is, I made the monuments(s), and I named the wool monument "The Monument of Accomplishment," so as not to copy the term "Victory Monument," but it looks, almost exactly like the original Victory Monument.

So I was wondering, is this okay with you, or should I change it to make it look less like the original Victory Monument?
    Quote from OmegaLambda
    With science, evidence comes before explanation. With religion, explanation comes before evidence.
    I love these maps cause i have 5 in my minecraft saves folder so if i die every ten seconds on one i can
    die on a diffrent one instead =]
    To vechz ( or vechs however you spell it ,
    take all the time you need to perfect super hostile 8. im guessing your postponing it until 1.8, (damn them delaying the release, i was looking forward to it). But anyway if it is at all possible for you, i challenge you to play super hostile 8 when you are done, and post videos of it for everyone to see you hopefuly dying in your own fires. and if you cant record yourself maybe do it in smp with some of your minions. and i do hope that # 8 is worthy of bieng called romhack, anyone who played legendary should think it doesnt get too difficult until the end. I want a real challenge. let me know if you consider attempting to conquer your own deathtrap.
    Playing the first map now. Amazing! Great work.
    Quote from Vechs

Ohhh, that's a neat one. I'll have to add it to my arsenal of trap designs. Thanks!

i now have a new enemy lol... the landmine vechs
    Anyone who calls themselves MLG is a MLA.
    I love your Linear Branching maps like Kaizo and Legendary, and I cannot wait for another one!
    Hi Vechs, I am a fan of your CTM maps, and I decided to make a CTM map!
    I know, I think it's pretty simple, and it's my first CTM map.
    http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/608598-ctmhostilecraft/
    Quote from stuntdude

So, Vechs, I'm making a CTM map, and I really want to make sure I'm not in any grey areas legally...

...Well, the problem is, I made the monuments(s), and I named the wool monument "The Monument of Accomplishment," so as not to copy the term "Victory Monument," but it looks, almost exactly like the original Victory Monument.

-snip-

So I was wondering, is this okay with you, or should I change it to make it look less like the original Victory Monument?

Coincidentally, I named my wool monument the Monument of Accomplishment as well, but mine looks like this:
    It's not exactly like the original VM, it's a bit smaller, and I like it. Maybe you can do something like this with yours too, or maybe divide the monument into two separate ones?
    Quote from xerothomas

Coincidentally, I named my wool monument the Monument of Accomplishment as well, but mine looks like this:
    It's not exactly like the original VM, it's a bit smaller, and I like it. Maybe you can do something like this with yours too, or maybe divide the monument into two separate ones?

Vechs has a schematic for a completion monument in his post, and encourages people to make more Complete the Monument maps. In fact, he says to put the [CTM] tag in your posts.
    For an evil *******, he sure is nice.
    Quote from Drostan

Vechs has a schematic for a completion monument in his post, and encourages people to make more Complete the Monument maps. In fact, he says to put the [CTM] tag in your posts.
    For an evil *******, he sure is nice.

Hey, you're right. Looking through all of the schematics and not just the ones I have been using most of the time, I finally see the 'Wool Monument' schematic, and see that it looks exactly like the one I'm planning to use, with some minor changes. And I thought I was being original :sad.gif: Oh well, can't beat Vechs in terms of originality, I suppose.

And indeed, he can be really nice sometimes :rolleyes:
    Personally, I theme the Monuments along with the map - my cave map has lapis, glowstone, obsidian, and stone slabs, but my island map uses water, sandstone, etc. Play around with designs, your player will spend a lot of time at the VM, make it look nice!
    Quote from joehills

It took me an entire video, but I finally thought up a good name for the brick and glass enclosures that vechs now highlights the wool chests in.

Hnnnnng, I really need to get around to beating Infernal Sky II so that I can watch your Let's Play without being spoiled.

EDIT: These maps can be up to 20% more difficult if your texture pack uses the same texture for sand and the top of sandstone blocks. I really need to change that... or make my gravel look like stone too!
    Last edited by Karilyn: 9/9/2011 6:57:37 AM
    You feel a black wind blow through you.
    I played one on on with my friend on the multiplayer super hostile and I did an "epic win denied" move on him. >=D

I rigged up a TNT cannon after I got my green wool, cause he had run forward for some exploration and found the blue wool and exploded his green wool without having to move myself to his place. I actually used the TNT from all the traps I had disarmed on my side to be able to do so. then he raged and went and crossed to my place and TNT'd my base like a creeper and so we rage quitted. it was fun. we never got the go to the lava area though, cause by then cause I epic win denied him with my TNT cannon we felt like playing around with redstone on a flat map.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DarkmegaGaming

A modpack created and in testing by Darkmega...
    Care to help? Click the Picture!
    Infernal Sky II 1.0 progress.
    The underwhelming undersky and the entrance to hell.
    After my seven-VM piece victory from the Shredded Sky and the Ghost Town, I went on to attack the one place that I had left: The Undersky. And, to tell the truth, it was pretty easy. Sure, I did get attacked by a ton of spiders, but other than that, it was really easy and underwhelming. I got to the wool having been hit twice, both by the same spider. So that means I only have 4 wools left: Green, Brown, Red and Black. I also saw some fires in the distance. I approached it and lo and behold, the portal to the nether. Lit the place up, stored everything I had in a chest and jumped in. After ~3 minutes I finally appeared and was immediately greeted by the melodic auditory rape of ghasts. I just made sure I can actually enter the nether. I jumped back through the portal. Later, I am going in for real. Three areas, four wools, countless zombies, skeletons, spiders, creepers, ghasts and zombie pigmen remain.
    Last edited by Xtremekiwi: 9/9/2011 10:01:18 AM

I hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate HATE skeletons!
    Quote from stuntdude

You're good. :smile.gif:

The only two things I ask is for people not to use the phrases "Super Hostile" or "Victory Monument". Hope you get a lot of downloads!
    Quote from Vechs

You're good. :smile.gif:

The only two things I ask is for people not to use the phrases "Super Hostile" or "Victory Monument". Hope you get a lot of downloads!

You CAN use the phrase "Fleecy Box" to describe the brick and glass enclosures that contain wool chests.
    Quote from joehills

You CAN use the phrase "Fleecy Box" to describe the brick and glass enclosures that contain wool chests.

Your video was a riot :tongue.gif: I love the name too :3
    Quote from joehills

I find myself being somewhat partial to "Woolrus" and "Wooliseum".

:smile.gif:

Seriously though. Woolrus. #8. It's going to happen.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes