[CTM][Collection] Vechs' SUPER HOSTILE Series

Quote from Vechs

-updatesnip-

You should really make a write-up about how you map, your style, thought process etc. It'd be a fun read and very helpful. How you decide layout etc.

Also, good to hear about IM :)
    Quote from Vechs
    Advance with courage and conviction. Strike them down in the name of the God-Emperor and the Golden Throne of the Imperium.
    I know this is a bit off topic, but i was wondering does anyone else wonder whatever happened to that RPG by Vechs, A Gathering of Heroes?

For those who never saw, here's Cleo's video on it

People need to stop complaining that the map isn't finished yet, if your not happy with Vechs work you should stop complaining to him and make your own maps.
    Oh, by the way:

I'm only three wools into Nightmare Realm and I'm already dead inside.
    I sometimes do videos of the Minecraft!
    Quote from yelkca_

Oh, by the way:

I'm only three wools into Nightmare Realm and I'm already dead inside.

Sounds like you're having a good time then. :) Welcome to the Super Hostile series, where it eats your soul and crushes your hopes and dreams into a fine powdery pile of sadness~

Special thanks to Axl Rosie for the sig.
    Quote from Apollo9898

I know this is a bit off topic, but i was wondering does anyone else wonder whatever happened to that RPG by Vechs, A Gathering of Heroes?

Oh God that video is old.

Quote from Vechs

:-)

Soonerâ„¢
    War is where the young and stupid are tricked by the old and bitter into killing each other.
    The good people die, and so do the bad ones, but the weak people, like me, we have inherited the earth.
    Just finished Spellbound. All the victory pics and shizz will be in my 100th post. Basically it's anything I've played in anticipation for IM.

So basically Spellbound and old Sunburn (played a few other non Vechs too)

Anywho, I was looking through my jars and realized I never finished Kaizo. I also started replaying IS. Kaizo I was playing on 1.0, which I'd probably continue playing on just to finish it. But, my question is should I finish Kaizo or play IS?

CTM Maps beaten: SOF2, IS2, SI, SC, Rugged Horizons, From Ashes, Decent into Darkness Currently playing: Kaizo
    Quote from Vechs

I'm actually adding little things here and there because of the testers.

When you play the map, you'll find references to them, and I think it will be really cool, like a meta-experience, when you find the ruins of a tunnel network Zisteau made in his LP in the final product. It's as if you're following in their footsteps (because in a way, you really are).

Right now Inferno Mines is MVP, all wools placed.

While I wait for my testers to reach the later areas, I'm just tweaking things, doing more decorative work, and in general doing all those "fiddly" things I said mappers could fuss over for hours in my MCedit Tutorial video.

Yesterday I did an aesthetics pass to Outer Darkness. Today I am working on [redacted].

For my style, I focus on... essentially the shape of an area, the path the player takes, and what gameplay elements the player encounters. This is key to the map. Shape, gameplay, loot, monsters, and balance. Then after that I can add decorations. Imagine Mario jumping around on black lines, and avoiding mobile red boxes. The basic core of the game without the decorations on it. This is how I start.

Also, quick protip: If you don't want something spoiled, it might be helpful to avoid watching videos of it. Warning: This requires willpower and self-control.

Willpower? Self-control? Where can I download these?
    Quote from Apollo9898

Who knows, maybe Dalania will rise.
    Check me out on the YouTubes! I play CTM maps and stuff.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/halfpixel274
    Quote from SniperGoth

People need to stop complaining that the map isn't finished yet, if your not happy with Vechs work you should stop complaining to him and make your own maps.
    Um.

Who's complaining?

EDIT: Psst, Drago, get on steam.
    Come check out the Ultimate CTM Community thread to talk to me and other CTM mapmakers!
    Quote from cameron274

Who knows, maybe Dalania will rise.

:P
    Quote from Therevrend

Oh God that video is old.

Yes. Yes it is very old. But I'm still curious.
    Wheres the normal download. I see like 100 downloads. i want spellbound caves
    xenos-mc.net

Quote from Pkmast

Wheres the normal download. I see like 100 downloads. i want spellbound caves

Go to the front page, head to the table of contents, click on spellbound caves and that will take you to the part of the front page that's about Spellbound Caves. Then just click on the download link that is in that section and you're good to go.
    I just realised vechs 13 map will be called "Dalania Will Rise" I GUARRANTEE IT
    You gotta risk it to get the biscuit.
    Quote from yelkca_

Don't ever mention your MCedit tutorial. Ever.

Don't ever mention it because after that video, in your channel update V004 (don't ask how I remember that) you said that the next tutorial was coming soon. 162 videos later and it isn't here. And you've barely mentioned the series.

So this is pretty much just a really rude way of asking you to make another tutorial.

MCEdit is currently being reworked very heavily. I'd suggest waiting until at least version 0.2.0 (which is probably months away) to make a tutorial, by then the program is slated to become a lot better.
    Quote from forchane

I just realised vechs 13 map will be called "Dalania Will Rise" I GUARRANTEE IT

I'm curious, what makes you think that?
    I sometimes do videos of the Minecraft!
    VECHS! When will you release the Dungeons of Vetches-Mooray? That looked cool. :(

CTM maps beaten: Sea of Flame II, Infernal Sky II, Kaizo Caverns, Black Desert, Legendary, Nightmare Realm, Sunburn Islands, Spellbound Caves, Lethamyr, Waking Up
    I really, really want that game. It looks awesome, why have I never heard of it before? D:

Also, Vexmoore looks really nice too. It should totally be a thing that is released.
    Quote from Vechs
    Advance with courage and conviction. Strike them down in the name of the God-Emperor and the Golden Throne of the Imperium.
    Quote from Apollo9898

I really, really want that game now. Primarily because I want my party to be the Janitor, Shirohige, the dog, and the cat. Because that would be glorious.

(also is that Castle Crashers BGM?)
    Last edited by HighwayWizard: 2/15/2013 8:53:43 PM
    Quote from HighwayWizard

(also is that Castle Crashers BGM?)

It's CC music from Newgrounds that Castle Crashers used (among other games).
    Quote from StratMaster007

VECHS! When will you release the Dungeons of Vetches-Mooray? That looked cool. :(
    ^This^ 5 dayz (bcuz 5 is more than 4 geddit?)
    Come check out the Ultimate CTM Community thread to talk to me and other CTM mapmakers!
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes