[CTM][Collection] Vechs' SUPER HOSTILE Series

Quote from Vechs

That's awesome. :)

Omigosh thanks! 8D

Making painstakingly slow progress through Lethamyr C now. Only died once so far...eheheheh. :'> I'm seeing how far I can get before I evitably die and rage quit play version E. (I don't typically rage quit due to difficulty, only rage take a break or rage Easy Modo).

I may update on my sanity results at a later time!

14th episode of lethamyr I found the swamp biome and gone to explore the caves in swamps. giant caves and giant shrooms.
    Quote from Avenger987

The ones I already posted was with advanced openGL off :

I never really used that option, but it definitely did something.

I bet you were wondering if your walls between the intersection and the area did something for the FPS... Guess what, it looks like it does... if you turn on that option that is.

Source of my guess (warning, this video might spoil Spellbound caves, you have been warned) :

http://www.youtube.c...mudRG4M#t=1m05s

I've since learned more about it. What Advanced OpenGL does is lets Minecraft not render anything you cannot see. Therefore, my "Valve Hallways" do give people noticeable performance increases.

So basically, with AOGL turned OFF, Minecraft has to render everything within your draw distance, even if you can't see it. This is a huge waste of CPU and GPU power.

With it turned ON, Minecraft only has to render what you can actually see.

So while it might not help as much when you go to he source of your FPS issues, it will certainly help at least a little bit, so I would always recommend AOGL turned on unless it's not compatible with you GPU for whatever reason. (I can't imagine any modern GPU not being able to do that though...)

Huge apologies if you mentioned this, but what GPU are you using?
    Quote from Vechs

I've since learned more about it. What Advanced OpenGL does is lets Minecraft not render anything you cannot see. Therefore, my "Valve Hallways" do give people noticeable performance increases.

So basically, with AOGL turned OFF, Minecraft has to render everything within your draw distance, even if you can't see it. This is a huge waste of CPU and GPU power.

With it turned ON, Minecraft only has to render what you can actually see.

So while it might not help as much when you go to he source of your FPS issues, it will certainly help at least a little bit, so I would always recommend AOGL turned on unless it's not compatible with you GPU for whatever reason. (I can't imagine any modern GPU not being able to do that though...)

Advanced OpenGL is not compatible with Intel GPUs. *stifles small giggle*
    Last edited by Zap_12100: 5/21/2012 3:39:47 AM
    I have found the super axe of super awesomness!

2nd episode of my puncwood survival island made my self a farm and found a zombie spawner that I will use for some xp and items some day :)
    Cant wait for Fallen Kingdom and Inferno Mines. BTW does anyone know any ways to increase fps? Optifine didn't work.
    Quote from Leafcake

Cant wait for Fallen Kingdom and Inferno Mines. BTW does anyone know any ways to increase fps? Optifine didn't work.

Get a better PC. That's the best solution imo.
    Downloading things can **** up your PC pretty badly.
    Quote from Vechs

It has to be compatible, otherwise I don't think I would've gotten those numbers in these tests.

Quote from Vechs

NVIDIA GeForce 6200
    Last edited by Avenger987: 5/21/2012 6:22:15 AM
    Quote from Zap_12100

How so? According to the wiki, that option enables/disables occlusion culling, which according to an article on Intel's site, the chips does support. Although in the test I ran in my main world I don't notice a difference :s. As for Waking Up, it lags badly at the spawn point [on normal + smooth lighting off + fast] to even test >.>. Note that this all was done on Vista 32 bit [and no, that's not the problem :P]
    is there the end in lethamyr or punchwood island +? I am wery interested in that :)
    Mooshroom get. This was before I saw your Moobile food system (I probably got the name wrong) video.

Quote from qub1s

is there the end in lethamyr or punchwood island +? I am wery interested in that :)

not in leth, and I doubt punchwood
    Super Hostile! Maps Completed: Kazio Caverns, Infernal sky II.
    Quote from remag_xela

How so? According to the wiki, that option enables/disables occlusion culling, which according to an article on Intel's site, the chips does support. Although in the test I ran in my main world I don't notice a difference :s. As for Waking Up, it lags badly at the spawn point [on normal + smooth lighting off + fast] to even test >.>. Note that this all was done on Vista 32 bit [and no, that's not the problem :P]

Yep, I can confirm this. Even with Optifine, Advanced OpenGL doesn't really work. But I already am pretty happy with the FPS increase that Optifine gives me, so I can live with that.

Quote from Zap_12100

-_- You're trying really hard to make fun of people who have ****ty computers, don't ya? Don't worry, I'll buy a new laptop within the next two month. Either with an Ivy Bridge CPU combined with a Kepler or Southern Islands GPU. Or a laptop with the new Trinity APU (if so, then probably the A10-4600M). Then, finally, you won't be able to make fun of me anymore! Hahahaha... *Evil laugh with the sound of rainstorm and thunder in the background*
    *LOL* ;D
    New CTM-map is coming, brace yourself!
    Update: Second attempt aborted. But I won't give up so easily...
    Decided to try out Waking Up. So far I have the first 4 wools and have just started on the 2nd intersection. My opinions so far:

So far I think the map is brilliant. I think my favorite thing by far is the random enchanted items you give us. The Papercutter was a nice touch. And the Wolf in a box was pretty creative too. Things like that just make me smile.

I also loved the dispenser traps with the potions. Great trap that literally made me jump the first time it activated. Of course I took the potions to use myself. Running through Boomer Castle with 6 creepers following me and killing them all with harming potions was some of the most fun I've had in this game in a while.

The last section of Boomer Castle was pretty crazy. I decided to go on a suicide run thru it once to see how far I'd get. Wish I had filmed it. As I was running, a ghast set off the TNT blowing a large gap about 5 blocks wide that I couldn't get across. But right after that a creeper blew up as I was sprinting and blew me all the way across the gap to the wool. It was hilarious.

I think you have a genius setup with this map as you make it very difficult, yet give the players enough random loot and supplies to keep them interested.

I know the last intersection is going to be rough. I took a peak into the Nether section last night and I honestly don't know if I'll ever be able to beat it, but it's gonna be fun trying.

Looking forward to the rest of your maps!
    Episode 6 of Let's Pwn SOFII! We unexpectedly go to the nether and attempt at getting one of the hardest wools with our newly found blue shiny rocks...

Kaizo is complete!
    VM screenshot:
    Two deaths, that's the lowest so far (except my iron man run on Sunburn Islands)

A little about my experience:
    Both times I died were due to silverfish...
    Citadel of Demons was EASY. You just need a lava bucket, TNT, and a flint and steel.
    I think you gave a few too many resources on this one. This is especially true with all of the chainmail armor at the beginning.
    Lastly, I think if you really wanted to give the player a hard time, you should have surrounded Citadel of Demons in silverfish blocks.
    Anyways, what map should I do next? (Not planning on playing Gift or Waking Up...)
    Last edited by zachgamer77: 5/21/2012 2:46:41 PM
    Blagheramousey, I don't feel like writing progress updates in Waking Up. But here is a little update:

I finally got the magenta wool! I feel like a cheater though; I tunneled BEHIND the lava and behind the stone slabs, in the wall. Then I made a path through the lava, bridged out, making a tunnel as I went, and bridged all the way into the wool. It was fairly easy, and I'm glad I did it that way, although it felt a bit cheaty.

I have SOOOO much loot now. Tons of chests full of stuff. Also, I've been so lucky with enchanting. Enchanted a pair of Diamond Boots at level 8 and got Feather Falling III and Projectile Protection III! And I got that awesome helmet I wrote about last update at level 8 too.

Until I saw Vechs' Mobile Mooshroom video, I had completely forgotten that you could just make infinite food using Mooshrooms as long as you had bowls. I'm such a forgetful guy. But one of the mooshrooms had climbed up the vines in Sssshrooms, so I found it easy to herd him into a little pen in Intersection 1. I named her Bessie, and now I have infinite mushroom stew. <3

Anyway, loving this map so far. Now I have to go into the awfulness that is We All Float. I hope Intersection 2 is in there. Can't wait to play more!

Hi again. I posted about download issues a few pages back. Thought I'd update.

I did try a proxy browser and it didn't help me. Since it worked for someone else it might've been a bad proxy, though. But I can't test it as I am now in Denmark (last post was made in Sweden) and here the download worked perfectly fine.

Been playing Waking Up the past couple of hours and five minutes ago I desperately tried to fight off a horde of poison spiders, accidentally set off a TNT and died that very instant. I could only watch in horror as all of my items, including a brand new enchanted diamond sword, were blown to pieces.

Thanks Vechs :P
    I recently introduced my sister into CTM maps. We did Spellbound Caves. I've already beaten it, but it was still fun. I actually died more than she did :P Here's our victory photo! We're now doing a LP of Sunburn Islands! Expect it in a few weeks!
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes