[1.5.2 / 1.5.1 / 1.4.7 / 1.3.2] Creating Mods - Modloader/Forge ~SCMowns [Src & Video]

I made 2 mobs 1 of them spawns got textures, makes sounds but doesn't have his legs and arms in the right position. The other one spawns, it makes sounds but it is invisible...

I use forge but it seems the code is the same... Plz help :(
    I love Lets make a mod!
    Last edited by MultiDarkShadow777: 11/13/2012 8:39:56 PM
    Quote from SCMowns

Reserved*

My mob doesent have an spawn egg
    Quote from Mamluk

My mob doesent have an spawn egg

Check out my Help forums!
    Paste your mod_NAME in a topic, and explain :D
    Quote from dynero

I made 2 mobs 1 of them spawns got textures, makes sounds but doesn't have his legs and arms in the right position. The other one spawns, it makes sounds but it is invisible...

I use forge but it seems the code is the same... Plz help :(

Forge mob making can be different, but I use forge and we all know forge has modloader in it. Hmm Did you rename all of the body parts different? and as for the invisible mob is the texture path set correctly?
    The best way to get help is on my help forums.
    Quote from cobra234

by the way SCMowns Gimp wont work is it because im on windows 8 if so do you know where any program that I can get besides gimp because its not working for me some how

Did you try paint.net?
    Quote from cobra234

I did what you said on your video SCMowns but for some reason I got this :(
    Minecraft has crashed!
    ----------------------
    Minecraft has stopped running because it encountered a problem; Unexpected error
    This error has been saved to C:\Users\?\Desktop\Modding\jars\.\crash-reports\crash-2012-11-12_17.51.07-client.txt for your convenience. Please include a copy of this file if you report this crash to anyone.

--- BEGIN ERROR REPORT 640a81c5 --------
    Generated 11/12/12 5:51 PM
    - Minecraft Version: 1.4.2
    - Operating System: Windows 8 (amd64) version 6.2
    - Java Version: 1.7.0_09, Oracle Corporation
    - Java VM Version: Java HotSpotâ„¢ 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
    - Memory: 929155072 bytes (886 MB) / 1038876672 bytes (990 MB) up to 1038876672 bytes (990 MB)
    - JVM Flags: 3 total; -Xincgc -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M
    - AABB Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
    - ModLoader: Mods loaded: 2
    ModLoader 1.4.2
    mod_red 3.14159265
    - LWJGL: 2.4.2
    - OpenGL: GeForce GT 240/PCIe/SSE2 GL version 3.3.0, NVIDIA Corporation
    - Is Modded: Very likely
    - Type: Client
    - Texture Pack: Default
    - Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
    - Vec3 Pool Size: ~ERROR~ NullPointerException: null
    java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.Exception: Image not found: /items/ruby.png
    at net.minecraft.src.ModLoader.registerAllTextureOverrides(ModLoader.java:1694)
    at net.minecraft.src.ModLoader.onTick(ModLoader.java:1200)
    at net.minecraft.src.EntityRendererProxy.updateCameraAndRender(EntityRendererProxy.java:21)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.runGameLoop(Minecraft.java:868)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:764)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    Caused by: java.lang.Exception: Image not found: /items/ruby.png
    at net.minecraft.src.ModLoader.loadImage(ModLoader.java:1117)
    at net.minecraft.src.ModLoader.registerAllTextureOverrides(ModLoader.java:1686)
    ... 5 more
    --- END ERROR REPORT 1a93f6eb ----------

Your error tells you what is wrong:
    " /items/ruby.png "

Your item picture is missing. Check your "bin" folder and "eclipse" folder and see if the pictures are missing.
    If you need more help check out my help forum.
    Quote from 2KWatcher

Great Job. Been looking for a tutorial on modding. Anyways how do u run your mod in the ACTUAL minecraft launcher? I always open it on Eclipse. (Ik you have a forum where someone can help me)

Check out #10 in my list of tutorials.
    I will make a sword now but I don't know if its going to work
    Last edited by cobra234: 11/13/2012 6:57:48 PM
    i followed the steps for the item got no errors but the item did not add to the game!
    Last edited by MultiDarkShadow777: 11/13/2012 8:40:50 PM
    Great job on all the mod reviews and installations! You've been a big help with a lot of my mods. (plz review the divine rpg craft) Keep being awesome :) :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :iapprove: :iapprove: :iapprove: :iapprove: :iapprove: :D
    SCMowns it wont show up in the creative menu I did the code right it makes no since ep17 lets make a mod did not help that much when I type in ruby in youritem it just came up with a error and I cant fix it now I don't think its never going to show up by the way thank you for the paint but I don't see why it matters now :(
    Last edited by cobra234: 11/13/2012 6:55:50 PM
    Quote from cobra234

I will make a sword now but I don't know if its going to work

Good luck! If you have a issue, I have help forums
    Quote from cobra234

SCMowns it wont show up in the creative menu I did the code right it makes no since ep17 lets make a mod did not help that much when I type in ruby in youritem it just came up with a error and I cant fix it now I don't think its never going to show up by the way thank you for the paint but I don't see why it matters now :(

You will need to visit my help forums
    Quote from prodigger1

i followed the steps for the item got no errors but the item did not add to the game!

Visit my Help forums
    I give up this is not going to work my mod is not going to work because of that code that I cant even figure out the one on ep17 I don't get it Im trying to get my ruby in the game but creative code wont let me and I don't know what to type in the code its just an error not going to work :steve_rage: :steve_tearful:
    SCMowns, thanks to you I was able to make my mod! I am trying to make a new mod using forge, and I am having problems. I install forge to the jars > bin > minecraft.jar in my modding folder and when I went to decompile it I got errors!! I am using forge 6.0.1 for 1.4.2. Help please? Thanks!

GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
    Quote from Slayerlord8

SCMowns, thanks to you I was able to make my mod! I am trying to make a new mod using forge, and I am having problems. I install forge to the jars > bin > minecraft.jar in my modding folder and when I went to decompile it I got errors!! I am using forge 6.0.1 for 1.4.2. Help please? Thanks!

You don't add forge you download the source file and put forge folder in in where all the mcp stuff is and inside hit install

Lead coder of Atum and Aquaculuture.

Quote from lclc98

You don't add forge you download the source file and put forge folder in in where all the mcp stuff is and inside hit install

Thank you it worked! :)

GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
    nothings working now too many errors and watching the videos and did it all right and still come out with errors and my item not appearing in creative mode I don't even know what's wrong now
    SCMowns, what is the difference between forge and modloader? I've been following your tutorials and I didnt have some errors along the way but i've learned that mods now-a-days uses forge for their coding needs. Is it harder or just the same?
    [SSSS]

Hey SCMowns2
    i am beginner for modding but in one way my mods arent working it gives me a error

These are my codes \
    mod_minecraft:

package net.minecraft.src;
    import java.util.Random;

public class mod_minecraft extends BaseMod
    {

public static final Item NetherGem = new ItemNetherGem(2086).setItemName("NetherGemzzzzzzzz");

public void load ()
    {

NetherGem.iconIndex = ModLoader.addOverride("/gui/items.png" , "/items/NetherGem.png");
    ModLoader.addName(NetherGem, "Nether Gem");

}
    public String getVersion()
    {
    return "3.14159265";
    }
    }

My item :

package net.minecraft.src;
    import java.util.Random;

public class ItemNetherGem extends Item
    {
    public ItemNetherGem (int i)
    {
    super(i);
    maxStackSize = 10;
    }

public String Version()
    {
    return "3.14159265";
    }
    }
    never mind
    Last edited by Eyalmazuz: 11/14/2012 2:23:27 PM
    omg this code YourItem.setTabToDisplayOn(CreativeTabs.tabMaterials); is stupid all I get is errors with it and my item will not appear even without it can you plz just tell me :( but my sword showed up in the creative menu with out this code but I want my RUBY
    Last edited by cobra234: 11/14/2012 3:43:41 PM
    and im getting lots of errors on my model mob java code I followed the video and I get lots of errors :Skeleton:
    Hey can you help me with 2 things?

First do you know how to add effects to a sword when you make? like fire aspect without enchanting?

And second can you help make a mob the size of a normal player?

also keep doing what your doing :) 1 rep :D
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes