(no, down here exactly. Yeah you can click on this picture, it's right.)
Welcome to the Thy Explorer's pack thread.
This pack intend to give a more neutral, natural an deep feel to Minecraft, without changing the resolution. Yes, because keeping the x16was a challenge and a necessity (i don't have a badass computer). The goal is to give to survival Minecraft the feel to explore a real new world, with likely appearance, color and shape.
Also, this pack intend to change the gameplay a little. For example, looking for iron and gold is harder without torches as in real life, those ores are find in traces.
Others pack have tried to give Minecraft this feel, like Pixel Reality, Jungle Ruins, Misa.
This is a personnal point of view of Minecraft, so lot of things can change with time, for an unlimited amount of reasons, or no reason at all.
So prepare your pickaxe, and your old steak for the adventure!
As me, you have a laptop, or something ridiculously bad as a computer. Vanilla Minecraft run at 20-30 fps when good.But now, the 20-30 fps are gorgeous!
With the Shader by Sildur, rediscover Minecraft!Though, only the version v1 is good for our calculators, and furthermore, the quality of the shaders is near exactly what I'm looking for.
Take them here! http://www.minecraft...s-aether-2-now/
It's not an obligation, but you should play with McPatcher to have the best results.Some colors (leaves for example) are upgraded with Mcp.
DIRECT SPEECH: ------------------------------------------------------------------
I've made this pack first for myself, because I couldn't find any realistic pack that suits me and my computer.Then, this was brought to life since some months, and now I decided to share with the forums my work, to give it the best, with your help. I'm looking for ideas, criticisms, and whatever can make TE go on.I've learned a lot, if not everything, from the community, browsing the tutorials and others TP, so I choose to present my pack here.
MADE THINKING OF:------------------------------------------------------------------
Isabella by Bonemouse
John Smith Pack
Willpack by Will
Misa's texture pack
Pixel Reality by Wedhro
Inspiration by Tobiwan
Clip Ty RPG Texture pack
Greece, Destrega (an old PS1 game), Nature..
Brick has colors of Toulouse bricks, a french city, known for its pink/orange bricks.
-Ores are difficult to see in the dark, and at light also for some; because you cannot see ores in real life with precision.
-Stone has the color of some greek mountain, and of the natural stone in general. Grey stone in default is unique, but with the time, I wanted to change.
-the color of mossy stone is not exactly green, but more blue to recall something "cold", unhealthy, which grow in dungeons.
-Some textures are made only with paint.net and some colors grabbed in photos, others are photos directly changed to suit the minecraft format.
- The sun have ugly shap around him, and I can't make them disappear properly.
- Make the grass conected to the sand; working on it. But, hey, it's impossible.
-Change netherrack and the chest.
- Learn english.
you can :
- Share and remix this pack as you wish, but tell my name in the credits and your thread. Also, put a link of your work in this thread to share with us what you've done. Also, the download link you may provide should be either the Curse or PlanetMinecraft link I posted in this thread
.- Make videos.
Don't use this work for commercial purposes.
- Don't claim work as you own if it's not (it counts if someone can recognize my work).
1) Post proof of permission, so we know you're allowed to remix and use the textures.
2) If you did make your own textures, please state them in the "you can't" section. Sorry, did not fully read your post, the stated packs were inspiration. Nice work then!
Looks great I think i saw this before on your other topic
I copy paste the other topic, the fact is I misunderstood why the discussion thread was made.. Though, I keep the other for some ideas I might share and discuss with others authors (for example, the wool. I don't know what to do with this block. Maybe some decorations blocks, but its maybe an overused idea).
At last, what I've written is good for the two thread. So I keep it.
Awesome, the color choices are perfect and this is definitely going somewhere.
My only complaint is the lack of shading on Cobble and Grass, otherwise its AMAZING.
For the grass shading, have you donwload the texture pack? The screen with the pumpkin have "old" grass, you have to see the last screen with gravel, to see the shadowed grass. If the "new" textures is what you complain, tell me
The stone is meant to be not shadowed, i'll make shadow if someday I try CTM (after the end of the pack certainly).
- remade oak.
- Rail, golden rail (but this texture haven't gold in it. Meh).
- Change the feeling of the jungle, by the leaves, the vines and wood. That's far better than before!
- made shadow for the bricks.
This version contains several changes of the feel, Water had been colored differently, it could be disabled by moving the watercolorx.png from the misc folder, in the texture pack if you prefer.
The rain has.. look by yourself, I'm very proud of it !
New lava. To be modified.
Sand don't tiled anymore.
Sandstone, cobble and grass side are better textured.
I will post screenshot of this update soon in the OP.
Hope you'll enjoy!
And don't hesitate to post feedback.
Hello everyone, we're going to reach the 500 download soon, and I would like to thank you for this! i'm glad to see people enjoying TEP.
I prepare the next update, and i'll show you some pics further. In few days, there will be also a change in the presentation of the thread (is rather simple), to be more easy to the eye, and to browse.
And now, for the ones who have tried it, I ask feedback about this.
Do you prefer the dark or the light water?
And there the further:
Some may see that not everything is new, but everything is finished here!
Thanks for the feedback! It's what I keep, it add more depth.
Lil' update for today as said!
- remade static lava to be faithful the flowing lava.
- potatoes, carrots adn wheat (finish where it misses)
- jungle wood has a texture. the pattern is abstract, but love it
- remade clay, far better!
- the same for sandstone carved and smooth, they're cool!
- stay cool and natural.
-using the 32x font by d3fin3d, thanks to him for this!
- New Blocks : TNT, Furnace, dropper, dispenser, diamond, cocoa, cobble (yes, the last ) and his mossy, stone bricks and friends,
- Remade the grass not to tile,
- Maybe other stuff.