Okay so basically I want to put 2 items on diamond_sword duras 1 and 2. They share a model but have a different texture. I made the first one, set it up and it works just fine. I copied and renamed the UV Map and changed some of the colors in it (its a lightsaber, so 1 is a redish color the other greenish), and set it up.
It's pulling the model just fine but for some reason it's using the first UV Map for both durabilities and I can't figure out why.
the UV Maps are in their directed file paths. What is going on?
I tried 2 methods. First I simply copied the first model, changed the name, and then did the edit to the UV map and just changed what texture it called for but that didn't work, so next I went into the model in the app (cubik studio) and uploaded the edited UV map in, selected all elements and applied the map, then exported the model and edited it to have the correct path, but still nothin.
For your 'diamond_sword.json', you've referenced the parent as "item/diamond_axe_default". I'm guessing this wasn't intentional?
Diamond tools have 1562 durability points. This means that the first damage value is 1 / 1562 (= 0.0006402048655569782) which is correct for your first_test.
However, your second_test should have a damage value of 2 / 1562 (= 0.0012804097311139564). Not 0.0079681274900398 which happens to actually be damage value 13. This means that the second model won't appear until you've done '/give @s diamond_sword 1 13' (I believe...). Same problem for 0.0119521912350598 which is damage value 19.
I recommend sometimes using this website to double-check the damage decimals for your tool.
Select your tool (durabilities can also be found on the Minecraft Wiki tool pages), tick the 1st & 3rd boxes then change the name of the json model you're replacing.
It should generate every predicate you need for your specific tool. I recommend that you just copy and paste the exact number of predicate lines you need (the fewer, the better) and insert them into the format you're already using. Don't forget to alternate the lines with "damaged:1, model:default" lines, like you're already doing nicely so that the survival versions of the tool are not affected.
You could always just find the durability yourself and manually calculate the damage value using 'damage / durability' in a calculator. (Which is what I do for small models.)
If you fix these things and it's still broken, then there may be something I'm not seeing here. It should just be them. *fingers crossed*