If you already have a texture pack, you can use the converter that is on Mojang.com. But, if you don't already have one, here's how to make one:
1) Navigate to your Minecraft jar file. It is named after the version it's for. To find it, navigate to your minecraft folder, find the versions folder, and select a version that is 1.6.1 or higher or a later 1.6 snapshot.
2) Open the jar file with The Archive Browser (Mac), 7zip (Windows), or something similar. If you want to decompress the jar on OS X, but don't want to download The Archive Browser, make a copy of the JAR file and change the extension to .zip.
3) Navigate to the "assets" folder (it comes right after ass.class and before ast.class)
4) Copy that into a new folder in the Resource Packs folder.
5) Copy the pack.mcmeta (look for it in the jar, it should be easy to find) and an image for your Resource Pack (name it pack.png).
6) In your minecraft folder, find another folder called "assets".
7) Copy its contents into the "minecraft" folder in the "assets" folder in your Resource Pack.
8) That's it! Have fun editing Textures, Texts, and Sounds! Don't forget to change the description in pack.mcmeta! Anything you don't use you can just delete to save space.
When you finish, you may ZIP it if you choose to do so. There is no NEED to ZIP them.
Also, regarding pack.mcmeta, if you aren't including any new languages, just shorten it to this:
"description": "The default look of Minecraft"
Note about 1.7:
Because of the new Multiple Resource Packs feature, it would be of use to the community to divide your Resource Pack into pieces, but don't do it until 1.7.
I can not find the music files (.ogg) for the juke box disks. I did the "8) Copy its contents into the "assets" folder in your Resource Pack." But I see no cat, 13, stal ect. ogg files in any of the folders. I would like to change the disks you play in game. How do you change them.
Can you make a video that teaches you how to design a resource or texture pack.The videos are from beginner to expert.If you can make a video like that Im really thankful and as you know Im just getting started with my minecraft and it is also cracked. but please make that video.Im also a kid.