Become a vampire, a demon, an angel or a hunter and fight against other factions in a pvp oriented mod.
Loosely based on the ?popular? tv series Supernatural, i've just started working on a mod that wants to add a lot of stuff to the game to do with myths and religious lore.
Choose one of 4 factions
Each with its own abilities and weaknesses.
Joining either of the factions requires the completion of a set of quests specific to the faction (Cue story arc here)
- A ton of items will be added. -No longer will nether fortresses be uninhabited. Now they will be home cities of demons, equivalent of topside villages are for humans.
[Development update 1].
- Added a couple of items like daggers, spikes
- Added holy water, tainted water and 3 types of blood to the liquids.Holy water can be thrown at undead to deal damage, or can be dropped on the ground to create a temporary buff zone called holy ground that slowly heals players and damages undead.
Unholy water has the opposite effect, and obtaining it will be through a process that can be discovered along the quest paths of the vampires and demons.
Obtaining blood is done using an empty bottle in the inventory and a special very sharp knife called a "Bloodletter",
Its main use is quenching the "hunger" of vampires and in potions.
Vampires will also be able to drink blood directly from the victim.
The other 2 types of blood, holy blood and tainted blood can be obtained through means described in the quest paths, and are to be used in recipes.
- Added the crucifix and blood sigils that can be painted on the wall to provide various magical area effects When clicked on with empty hands starts a prayer that creates a holy ground affected area around it.
The holy ground heals players, does damage to undead, and has a random chance of turning regular water (blocks or inside cauldrons) into holy water.
A skill system will allow players to enhance the effects of the holy area, by becoming more skilled at prayer.
Also as a quick side note, seeing as there is no proper modelling tool for linux and mac, i have written an export utility that converts blender models into usable game assets. See this amazing crucifix model that i have modelled all by myself
- a few items like an angel blade, spikes
- blood as a simple fluid, meant to be used in a lot or recipes and spells, and also as a healing potion for vampires.
- holy water, that deals damage to undead when splashed on, or if dropped on the ground, creates a temporary zone where all undead are being damaged for a short while (less damage but greater range).
- crucifix as a means to create holy water, its a block that when placed creates a holy region around it (acts just like if holy water is dropped on the ground) and also turns regular water blocks around it into holy water.
Of course there will be cool looking hunters NPC's like bobby and garth and even the impala if you care to help with the modelling.
A definite point, each faction has abilities, just a few examples.
Vampires can fly and also stun players for a limited time
Demons can possess npc's like villagers or cats. The mechanic will be implemented as following, You can travel around as a smoke trail, and can enter npc's bodies and control them much in the manor of agents in the matrix.
Angels can fly and teleport themselves great distances instantly , since just like endermen they are multidimensional beings,
It would be a real fancy if this goes as expected!
And, Modelers and texturers?
I offer my service as long as this goes completely successful.I only have experience with Blender 2.49 and making Impressive Title low poly stuff, but as we're in Minecraft, I am sure It will be really easy.
So, is that fine to help out?
I am really loving the concept, since I am a demon and vampire lover. :3