Xhamolk_'s Advanced Crafting Table v0.4.3 for MC 1.6.4
Since I am a lazy and absent-minded person, I created a mod that would ease myself from having to learn recipes for crafting stuff. So here it is:
XACT is mod focused on the crafting process. It aims to ease the constructor of complex builds by simplifying the tedious and repetitive task of crafting the building components. No longer will you have to manually place the recipe's ingredients on their respective slots on the crafting grid, because XACT will do it for you. Neither will you need to remember the recipes, because XACT can encode any recipe into a Recipe Chip, which is portable.With XACT, you no longer have the need to spend hours on your crafting room, since your recipes will already be stored on your XACT Crafter Machines. Once you have set up your XACT Crafter(s), it's now a matter of simply passing by, pick up your items as if they where on a chest already, and moving on to your building ground.The best of XACT surely is it's portability. The XACT Craft Pad is your best bet for when you are not at home, because it can work as a regular workbench, but it's portable! Also, it can read the recipes from the Recipe Chips, and keeps stored the last recipe you used; but also has a button clear the crafting grid, because we all know that's annoying.
"So, recipes encoded into chips, you say? Won't that take a lot of room on your inventory?"
Absolutely not! That's why the Chip Case is also provided by XACT. It can store up to 30 Recipe Chips in it's internal storage. You can even create a bunch and name them to have your recipes from different mods separated.Through time, I believe this mod will become THE must-have crafting tool.
Portability: You can carry around a portable crafting tool anywhere you go. Simply bring your Craft Pad with you anywhere you go and right click it to open it's User Interface (GUI), which has a crafting grid.
Easy crafting: Ever thought that, in order to craft multiple items, manually placing the ingredients on the exact quantities on the grid was a lot of trouble? The XACT Crafter is the stationary, heavy use, crafting machine that relieves that pain off your back. Once a recipe is set, it will take the ingredients from the resources buffer into the grid, so you can craft as many sets as you want, without having anything to worry too much about.
Missing Ingredients: The crafting devices will let you know if you are missing ingredients for your crafts. The grid slots missing ingredients will become red.
Store Recipes: Modded Minecraft adds a lot of game-play, but also a lot of recipes. Since some of them are frequently used a lot, XACT let's you store your frequently-used recipes into Recipe Chips. You can carry them around with you on the Chip Case, which can hold up to 30 recipes.
Automation: You can keep the resources for the XACT Crafter supplied through Buildcraft Pipes or RP2 Tubes (feed from any side).
NEI integration: Import recipes into the crafting grid directly from NEI.
The vanilla workbench is now able to keep it's contents after the GUI is closed.
Did I mentioned that holding shift on the GUIs might reveal something that is hidden?
Modular Powersuits integration: You can install the CraftPad module into the MPS Power Gauntlet, so you always carrying a smart crafting table with you.
Eloraam: for creating and maintaining Red Power, which is the mod that inspired me to make this one.
ChickenBones: for his help throughout the development of the NEI Plugin (now integrated into the mod).
Samidare: for his help during the development of this mod.
Asajev: for creating the machine's textures.
mssodin28: for adding configurable key bindings and NEI usage handler.
Fixes crashes with MPS, NEI and Better Storage. (Dependencies/API updated)
v0.4.2c: (August 28, 2013)
Fixed crashes during start-up and world load when AE is not installed.
v0.4.2: (August 24, 2013)
Enabled the modified workbench for autocrafting (made it ISided).
Properly marking the modified workbench as part of XACT (to game registry).
Note: this WILL cause "item mismatches", but nothing bad will happen. I promise! Just click "OK" and everything will be fine.
v0.4.1: (August 23, 2013)
Pulling ingredients from adjacent ME Interfaces, as they serve as access points for ME Networks.
v0.4.0: (August 15, 2013)
Port for MC 1.6.2
Pulling from adjacent inventories (IInventory and ISidedInventory)
Restored compatibility with Inventory Tweaks.
Updated plug-ins for Better Storage, Modular Powersuits and NEI.
New textures, courtesy of CyanideX
Fix for "revealing" an invalid chip.
- Fixed few issues related to the C key-binding used for opening the Craft Pad. Specifically:
- Auto-repairing damaged tools.
- Craft Pad not saving contents.
- Null pointer exceptions.
- Created plug-in for Better Storage: Enables the Crafter to pull resources from adjacent crates.
- Added key-binding for opening the Craft Pad's GUI if it's on the player's hot-bar.
- Updated integration with MPS, to work properly with build #564+
- Can be built from the repository.
- No longer need to compile all the MPS sources to build my plug-in for MPS.
- Fixed sync issues.
- Fixed the colored overlays so they correctly show the missing ingredients.
- Crafting Devices now update their states only when needed.
- Fixed crash on start-up when using the latest version of the Modular Powersuits mod (build #330+)
- Ported for MC 1.5.2
- Fixes crash at start up when Modular Powersuits was not installed.
- Fixes workbench bug, where right clicking on the output slot would half the expected output.
- Created build script. Now anyone can build XACT from the repository.
- Ensured compatibility with InventoryTweaks.
- Optimized the crafting algorithm in my version of the Workbench. Now it should match the speed of the vanilla Workbech.
- Fixed: FINALLY fixed the crash at start-up due to Java 7. I have tested and confirmed that it works now even if you have Java 6. (Users of Java 7+ don't need to update).
- Added: Plug-in for Modular Power Suits mod: You can add the CraftPad module into your Power Tool.
- Added: a Logger for XACT. Now console messages from XACT will be labeled accordingly.
- Fixed: Crash at start-up due to Java 7. Now I am sure this is compiled for Java 6.
- Fixed: Crash when infinitely crafting an item.
- Fixed: Crafting the wrong item. In fact, I rewrote the crafting mechanism.
- Fixed: Server crashes related to calling Client-only classes/methods.
- Fixed: sync issues when crafting something very fast.
- Intensive bug-fixing. Should be pretty stable now.
- Colored overlays are back!
- Fixes the crash when you imported recipes from NEI
- Compiled for Java 6, so you shouldn't crash on start-up if you don't have the latest Java installed.
- Fixed server crashes.
- Ported to MC 1.5.1
- Added: Pressing the 'U' key will show the chip's encoded recipe, if NEI is installed (courtesy of mssodin28)
- Added: key binding to show the chip's output on any container (default key is the left shift).
- Added: check the previous recipes on my crafting devices.
- Added: configurable key bindings (courtesy of mssodin28)
- Modified: the Recipe Chip is a bit more expensive, but produces 16 chips instead of 4.
- Fixed: XACT Crafter dropping the "ghost" items when destroyed.
- The Craft Pad's tooltip will tell the current recipe on the grid.
- Added keys to go to the previous recipes, and next recipe (Check the arrow keys).
- Fixed bug with RP2 saw recipes.
- The vanilla workbenches will now be able to keep the items once the GUI is closed. Of course, it comes with a config option, so you can disable that behavior if you don't like it.
- Added: buttons to the XACT Crafter, so it can encode recipes to blank chips. (Also, hold shift to reveal the CLEAR button).
- Improved: the Craft Pad's button is now more accurate and safe.
- Fix: will no longer send packets unless it's needed. Also, added debug to know if there are unhandled packets (please report them if you get the log message).
The Meaning of Life, the Universe, and Everything.
Not sure if I like the fact that it eats your ingerdients to make a chip. But the only thing I see is the not updating when you pick an item up you made. I think I will be looking forward to this once that bug is fixed. Would hate to show it off with a bug about it not updating when you pick the item you just made up.
Beings this is an ADVANCED crafting table mod, could you make a crafting table that you can slect what to craft... granted it would cost alot... but I need a crafting table that can do this because alot of mods tend to overlap in recipes... not very often... but it is annoying.
If you can do this, then this would be my favorite crafting mod.
I'll be releasing a new version in a couple of hours.
- The encoder won't eat the resources when encoding a recipe into a chip.
- The encoder's "result" slot will function as a normal crafting table. I saw the need on the majority of scenarios.
- The recipes will be encoded when the recipe chip is picked up.
@General_Rich, I'm not entirely sure if I understood what you said. You want a crafting table that is able to let you choose between the recipes with the same pattern? In other words, to be able to iterate through the "overlapping" recipes?
If that's the case, it's not possible. The way recipes are handled in vanilla MC causes new recipes to overwrite the old ones, if the same pattern matches.
Hi guys welcome to this mod, I am excited to see it finally made it into this stage of development. As Xhamolk_ pointed out I made the textures for the blocks. They were made based on his request and I am proud to see them finally in game. I will be hosting a spotlight in the next day or so in my minecraft youtube channel so if you are interested in viewing the mod before installing it stay tune. I would also like to congratulate Xhamolk_ on the creation of this mod. As some one said it reminds me of the RedPower2 Project Table. The main different I feel is that it combines the feel of what Buildcraft Automatic Tables and the RedPower2 Project table would be if you combined them. Please direct any comments about the textures to me if you have any questions and I will try to answer any questions relating to the mod as much as I can.