Minecraft 1.12 removed achievements and replaced them with advancements, a better (in my opinion) way to track the player's progression in a Minecraft world. With advancements also came the ability to create custom advancements. The HomchomMC Advancement Pack is an Advancement Pack adding 39 new advancements (including a new "Redstone" tab), and making small changes to the vanilla advancements. The new advancements match the style of the vanilla advancements, and are recommended for an enhanced survival experience. The advancement pack works in both singleplayer and multiplayer.
If you have any questions or suggestions, reply to this post with the question/suggestion. I will try to respond, and if I get enough questions, I will make a Q&A section of this post.
If you are installing to a singleplayer world: Using your file manager, navigate to your .minecraft folder (%appdata%).
If you are installing to a multiplayer world: Navigate to your server folder, either using a file manager (if you host the server) or an FTP client (if a website hosts the server). NOTE: You must have access to the server folder to do this. If you don't, try contacting the owner of the server.
Find the world folder.
Navigate to ...\[YourWorldName]\data\advancements.
Drop the 2 folders from the ZIP file ("minecraft" and "redstone") into that folder.
Complete! If you are on a singleplayer world, relog. If you are on a multiplayer world, restart the server.
+ A new feature
+ A change to an existing feature
~ A bugfix or change to an existing feature based on a mistake
New in 1.1:
+ Added New Challenge: 'Dye-licious'
+ Added New Challenge: '100,000 Meter Dash'
+ Added New Task: 'Mineshaft of Adventure!'
+ Added New Challenge: 'Silk Handler'
+ Added New Task: 'Survival of the Fittest'
+ Added New Challenge: 'For Science, You Monster'
* Changed the description for 'Best Friends Forever, Part 2' from "Tame a Wolf, an Ocelot, a Horse, a Donkey, a Mule, and a Llama' to 'Tame every tameable animal'
* Changed the icon for 'Sweet Dreams' (vanilla) from a White Bed to a Magenta Bed
* Changed the description for 'Sweet Dreams' (vanilla) from "Change your respawn point" to "Sleep in a cozy bed"
* Renamed 'Recycling' to 'Shell Storage'
* Made 'What Are They Hiding?', 'A Mansion? Let's Explore It!', and 'Mineshaft of Adventure!' branches of 'Block Mapping'
* Made 'Block Mapping' a task (was previously a goal)
* Made 'Postmortal' (vanilla) a branch of 'A Mansion? Let's Explore It!'
~ Changed the icon for 'A Mansion? Let's Explore It' from Spruce Wood Planks to Dark Oak Wood Planks
~ Added Parrots to the list of animals required for 'Best Friends Forever, Part 2'
The Meaning of Life, the Universe, and Everything.
I followed instructions and installed properly, however, the new advancements are nowhere to be seen (I went to world height limit in survival to test it for that advancement). Forge has changed how custom advancements work, I believe, and your mod may need updated.