~It is always a great idea to give more than 1GB of RAM to Minecraft~
What is this mod?
ViesCraft is a light-weight, easy to use mod that brings something new to Minecraft, the ability to create airships! Airships consume fuel to fly and have an expansion module system which can enhance any airship to fit your needs.
Take your Airship experience a step further by choosing between:
- 4 Unique model types
- 30 Different frames
- 27 Balloon patterns
- Any balloon color you want
- 11 Airship modules
Each frame type will dictate the base speed and max altitude the airships can achieve. Each model type (v1-v4) only affects appearance.
Fly your faction's colors, change your frame appearance and just explore your world in style. Sky's the limit!
I also added a special little item called the Dismounter.
Have mobs/animals in your airships, minecarts, etc? Use this item to safely get them out!
Update 4.13.0 Review!
Note for servers, you must enable flying in the server configs!
For 1.11.2, 1.11.0, 1.10.X, and 1.9.4, click the [View all downloads] link to be redirected.
Note for Modpack Creators
Everyone is free to use this mod in any modpack they want. I only ask that you give me credit (Viesis), don't make money off of it (keeping it free), and have a link back to this site (if you can). Otherwise, have fun with it!
- Use any vanilla fuel source to power any airship except for buckets of lava (by design). These items will burn for their vanilla burn times.
- All mod items except for the guide books and the Airship Workbench must be crafted in the Airship Workbench.
- The GUI for an airship can only be accessed by the steering player while mounted in the airship.
- When an airship runs out of fuel, it will not be able to elevate. All motion controls becomes stiffer and slower as well as it gradually descends. Pro Tip: Don't be over water or lava!
- If an airship is empty, it will float slowly at an increasing speed back to the ground. No need to worry about a fully fueled airship taking an hour to float back down, unless an animal is in it...
- While in a multiplayer server, if you are in an airship and log out, your airship will disappear with you. The server restarting has no effect on this. When you log back in, you will still be in your airship and still be flying. However, if you have any passengers and log out, they will assume control and you will drop out of the airship when you log back in...
- If an airship is destroyed by either water damage, creative destruction, or just the regular way to break the airship back into an item, any module inventory contents will be dropped on the ground! Make sure you have enough room to get all of your items!
- Config airship name strings are only taken from the Client. Setting it on the server makes no difference!
- Airships hate water! When you submerge it enough, it will start to smoke. If you do not get out in time, it will explode with a chance of dropping random parts. This will hurt...
Updated to v0.2.8a! This has been updated for both 1.10.2 and 1.10.0. Adjusted water explosions to also have a chance to drop Minecarts and added the ability to use custom keybindings for Airship movement.
New update v0.4.1 is live! This took a while, mainly because I had to re-write the whole mod. Airships can now be dyed using the new Airship Paint Items. Put a normal, undyed Viesdenburg in a crafting grid with the Airship paint color of your choice. Accessorize with your mood, or fly your faction's colors!
It took a lot of hard work but The mod has officially hit the 1.0.0 release! Airships now require fuel to fly (coal or charcoal) and are mobile 9 slot containers. They also tilt when turning! There was a lot done. To read a full list and the FAQs, visit the curse.com site for the mod! Thanks!
The new update, v1.0.2b is now out! This update adds two new config options! One is for the Airship speed (up to a max of 400% which is REALLY fast) and the other is for how long each piece of fuel burns for. This also includes a graphical fix for the fuel gauge % .
A quick update, v1.2.8b was released. All crafting recipes for my mod can now be crafted in the regular crafting table. This is a temporary fix to see all of my mod's recipes until I get JEI to be able to see my mod's custom crafting manager.
A great mod but would you consider some additions?
Maybe different fuels burn for different times but provide speed boosts. Like blaze powder maybe burns faster than coal but doubles ship speed?
If theres a fuel in the airship inventory then use that when fuel is low?
Maybe change LSHIFT and X keys. X to dismount and LSHIFT to descend - i'm forever leaping out the air ship ;-)
Also banners flying from the rear of the balloon ship with custom messages?
Thank you for the time and effort in such a cool mod. Loving it
The next things I am planing on working on is a HUD to show you if the airship is on and a time in seconds with a % bar for visual ques so you don't have to go into the airship gui to check. I also wanted to add a new airship model to the mix.
I can try to work with the fuel ideas, but I did choose to stick with coal to prevent a lot of config changes at the time. I remember the % wasn't calculating correctly between different items. That could be fixed now though since I have things working.
I am not sure if I will add the inventory slots taking fuel. I am forgetful, and am guilty of leaving my airships full of stuff, like portable chests. I can just see it now, leaving stacks of coal in my airship and having it all wasted. Especially on multiplayer servers. I will get back to you on that, see if I can come up with something.
The LShift and x keys I probably can't do without a lot of effort. LShift is the universal "dismount" button for horses, minecarts, boats. It could potentially be a huge pain to unmap that, as it is buried in the Minecraft morass and could have unexpected results with other mods. Also, the return would be minimal for a potential amount of effort! I did try to make all of my keys changeable. Just imagine if I had it to where the airship stayed in the air a long as it is powered on. You could be waiting a very long time to get that bad boy back to the ground.
Banners are a good idea for sure, but I am not sure where to start with it. I was thinking about finding a way to have a section of my airship have a banner like area where you can customize things, but that could potentially be a lot of overhead for clients and servers. I am trying to make the airships have a smaller "footprint". I want to have the ability to see fleets of airships in a server without lag. I remember Ars Magica a while ago, have a few bosses spawned and three of my friend shooting magic, the lag was intense. very intense. Everything that is done has it's draw. I have to weigh the options between performance, utility, and time since I do this for fun (when I am coding, I am not playing!).
This weekend I will try to get more fuel types in, and have them configurable as well for each model/airship type.
sorry to be a pain but my brain has so much potential for your mod (and a big thank you for replying). Ive thought of a couple new things..
could you make it so that a Right Mouse click would drop TNT if some in the inventory? i think this will add a good gameplay aspect of bombing team bases on servers
could you make/add Airplanes. They would change direction by following the mouse. Left click to fire arrows from the inventory - again for server like base raids or a midnight mob killing spree, a Blitzkrieg of mobs...
I do realise the lag and performance will be hindered, but you could make a Lite version of the mod with restricted number of air ships or something. It would be interesting to see, even if it turns out completely implausible
Its quite easy coming up with ideas but for you the coder it must be a knightmare sometimes
Thank you again for the reply, look forward to future updates