This Mod is the continuation of EddieV's mod. The original thread can be found here.
I've officially taken over the helm with the maintainers blessing.
This mod adds a mob called Chocobo to the game. This includes different coloured mob types with different attributes in their grown-up and juvenile form.
The most basic type can be found in the wild and can be tamed by using "Gysahl Greens" on them. Gysahl Greens is a plant found in the wild, but also can be planted by sowing Gysahl Seeds. Gysahl Seeds can be received by crafting from Gysahl Greens or by harvesting planted Gysahl Greens.
Chocobos can be breed and procreate. The offspring will be a Chicobo, the juvenile form of a Chocobo. After a while a Chicobo will grow into a Chocobo. Chicobos will be born wild and have to be tamed. Chicobos will inherit the type from one of their parents or mutate into new types. Thus by repeatedly breeding Chocobos all normal types of Chocobos can be acquired from tamed wild Chocobos. There are a few special Chocobo types though, which can only be acquired by special means.
Chococraft 2 Alpha 1
Complete rewrite of mod for 1.8,Wild chocobos now run from players who are not wearing the chocobo disguise
added eggs for all chocobos
Report any of the bugs you find!
Thaumcraft intregration for crops (golems etc)
MFR intregration for mfr tools (need latest mfr)
Add update checker to inform of new builds
Disable mobs dropping the chocopedia for now (going to rewrite the config system as its horrible)
Fixed crash when opening inventories
Fixed chicobo colouring.
Fixed chocopedia gui pausing game
Fixed sound spam in log
Added sound to chicobo
Added Simplified Chinese Localization
Fixed issue with connecting to a server without having a single player world first.
v.4.1.1 MC 1.7.10
Updated to 1.7.10 fully
Network code fully rewritten
Fixed few exploits in packet code
ChocoCraft items will now be in their own tab (still need to move a couple)
Fixed player positioning on flying chocobo
Made all items be returned from packs etc when gear is dropped from chocobos
OLD CHANGELOG (Pre 1.7.10):
v.3.0.3 mc 1.6.4 by Torojima
1. hight issue solved
2. chicobo mutation colour bug fixed
3. same gender procreation bug fixed
4. moved disguise skin to assets folder
5. x,x position Chunk generated bug fixed
v.3.0.2 mc 1.6.4 by Torojima
1. breeding bug fixed
2. alternative recipe for lead (chocobo feather instead of slime ball)
3. sound bug fixed
4. ascending and descending speed of flying chocobo tweaked
v.3.0.1 mc 1.6.4 by Torojima and Micdoodle
1. update to mc1.6.4
v.2.8.9 mc 1.5.2 by Torojima
1. x,x position Chunk generated bug fixed
2. cleanup of mutation colour determination method
3. distanceToNextWild method optimised
v.2.8.8 mc 1.5.2 by Torojima
1. Chocobo check space suitable before teleport to player
2. Removed wrong saddle recipe
3. Corrected typo on Chocopedia
v.2.8.7 mc 1.5.2 by Torojima
1. Chocopedia now available in dungeon loot.
2. Chicobos need 3x3x3 area to grow into Chocobos
3. Chocopedia readable book
4. Chocopedia available as Zombie, Skeleton, Witch and Villager drop
v.2.8.6 by Torojima
1. changed gysahl mutation rate from procent to permille. (default values are equivalent to the values before)
2. changed the straw recipe from shapeless one wheat to four straw mats to two wheat next to each other for eight straw mats.
3. added Chocopedia creation through use of Chocobo feather on bookshelf.
4. added Chocopedia creation through use of writable book on chocobo.
v.2.8.5 by Torojima
1. removed third party despawn workaround
2. changed entity id's from global to mod-specific (this will destroy all present Chocobos, sorry)
v.2.8.4 by Torojima
1. compatibility bug with MoC fixed
2. additional compatibility with mc 1.5.1
3. chocobos can only die if player is around (third party despawn countered)
v.2.8.3 by Torojima
1. wild chocobo can despawn, switchable from config file
2. wild gysahl green generation rate settable from config file
v.2.8.2 by Torojima
1. missing Gysahl texture bug fixed
v.2.8.1 by Torojima
1. updated to mc 1.5.2
v.2.7.3 by Torojima
1. fixed bonemeal bug
2. fixed inventory-drop-from-shift-click-on-action-bar-bug
v.2.7.2 by Torojima
1. fixed straw harvest bug
2. new Chocopedia icon
3. fixed vanilla feather and vanilla saddle hijack
4. added gysahl pickles
v.2.7.1 by Torojima
1. updated to mc 1.5.1
v.2.6.2 by Torojima
1. icon debugging
v.2.6.1 by Torojima
1. updated to mc 1.5
2. Fixing Server crash when world filled with Chicobos created by older versions of ChocoCraft is loaded.
3. Changed purple(nether) Chocobo skins to ShadoxLunik's version.
4. added shapeless recipe vanilla saddle plus chocobo feather will craft a chocobo saddle.
v.2.5.3 by Torojima
1. Chicobo read spawn data error fixed
2. omit damage from suffocating in walls
v.2.5.2 by Torojima
1. enabled change player feature in smp
2. fixed switch to wander on save or grow up
3. fixed black and white can't jump high (now they can)
4. moved config file into config folder
5. added saddled can wander flag to config file
v.2.5.1 by Torojima
1. updated to mc 1.4.7
2. fixed chicobo teleport to player zero on server
v.2.4.2 by Torojima
1. fixed dedicated server crash
v.2.4.1 by Torojima
1. updated to mc 1.4.6
2. preventing bonemeal use on fully grown Gysahl green
3. fixing shift click in inventory
4. sound file found from within zip file (no need for extraction anymore)
5. ids in config/ChocoCraft.cfg file
v.2.3.9 by Torojima
1. breeding gysahls not craftable anymore, but mutations of domestic growing of gysahl greens
2. fixed sprinting mount bug
3. rider buffs can be disabled in the config file
v.2.3.8 by Torojima
1. owner change in Chocopedia in smp
2. breeding delay time in config file
3. grow up time in config file
v.2.3.7 by Torojima
1. removed Chicobo interaction crash
v.2.3.6 by Torojima
1. Different-Dimension-Chocobo-Mounting-Issue fixed, now Chocobos can be mounted in different dimensions than the surface one.
2. Two Purple Chocobos will produce a purple Chocobo egg when breed
3. Re-Introduced the purple Chocobo egg. It will spawn a Chocobo on right click.
4. Chibi Gysahl disabled
5. feather and silk right click only possible for owner
v.2.3.5 by Torojima
1. Chicobos can swim
2. Chocobo items as dungeon loot
3. "random love rush" bug fixed
4. straw will break if supporting block is removed
5. hearts particles show on straw healing
6. Chicobos follow player zero bug fixed
7. growing Chicobos loos status bug fixed
8. shorter breeding delay for male Chocobos
v.2.3.4 by Torojima
1. Chocobo pen healing Chocobos
2. right click with silk for follow/stay toggle
3. changed name of Chocobo Cake to Gysahl Cake
v.2.3.3 by Torojima
1. fixed mounting movement twitching
v.2.3.2 by Torojima
1. added water speed factor
2. added rider abilities
3. enabled purple chocobo (but not spawning)
4. fixed server crash
v.2.3.1 by Torojima
1. Updated for mc 1.4.5
v.2.2.3 by Torojima
1. Added proximity threshold and chunk radius total threshold to custom spawning.
v.2.2.2 by Torojima
1. fixed server crash
2. fixed Chocobo mounting crash
3. increased Chocobo leg stack limit to 64
v.2.2.1 by Torojima
1. Updated for mc 1.4.4
2. custom spawning
3. added arrow recipe using Chocobo feathers
v.2.1.3 by Torojima
1. wild Chocobos will not despawn
2. pack bags working
v.2.1.2 by Torojima
1. Bonemeal use on Ghysal Green stem will actually use a bonemeal unit
2. Chicobos follow toggled by feather use
3. fixed crash in server version due to introduction of config file
v.2.1.1 by Torojima
1. added config file
v.2.1.0 by Torojima
1. updated for mc 1.4.2
2. enable Chocopedia buttons only if player is owner of the Chocobo
3. not following/wander as default after taming
v.2.0.5 by Torojima
1. Rearranging of Chocopedia and added owner info
2. Chocobos follow owner in SMP, not first player in world player stack
3. working saddle bags (pack bags still disabled)
v.2.0.4 by Torojima
1. refactored network packet handling
2. disabled name display when Chocobo is mounted
3. fixed Chicobos not growing up bug
v.2.0.3b by Torojima
1. fixed server spawn problem
v.2.0.3a by Torojima
1. fixed latest server crash
v.2.0.3 by Torojima
1. names show regardless of sattle status
2. different colour Chocobos can mate and procreate
3. made all Chocobos faster when mounted
v.2.0.2a by Torojima
1. fixed a bug created by fixing the last server crash bug
v.2.0.2 by Torojima
1. fixed another server bug
2. Chocobo items in creative
v.2.0.1 by Torojima
1. removed server-mod bug
2. corrected rider position, now rider is no longer sitting *in* the Chocobo
3. fixed to many Chocobos spawn in new worlds bug
v.2.0.0 by Torojima
1. Updated to Minecraft version 1.3.2
2. Switched from ModLoader to Forge
3. Completely refactored the class structure
4. Temporarily switched off Purple Chocobos, Saddle- and Pack-Bags and Chocobo Whistle
v.1.6.10 by Torojima and LeonBlade
1. added feather drop chance parameters to the config file (increased the drop rate in the default values)
2. shift-click to open pack inventory
3. reduced speed on water for non blue Chocobos
4. introducing coloured feathers
v.1.6.9 by Torojima
1. removed a bug in the nomenclature of one of the config file entries, pawnMinGroup will now be known as spawnMinGroup
2. added pack Chocobos with bigger inventory, but can not be used as mount.
3. added entries for spawn time cycle and spawn threshold to the config file
v.1.6.8 by Torojima
1. Saddle-bagged Chocobos will drop saddle, saddlebags and content of the saddlebags when set free.
2. fixed bug causing disappearing of Chocobos at grow-up.
v.1.6.7 by Torojima
1. Major cleanup of EntityChocobo and derived EntityNetherChocobo classes. (Moving similar classes from EntityNetherChocobo to EntityChocobo for better maintenance, this should not be noticeable by the player).
2. Added item Chocobo saddle bags item.
3. Chocobo saddle bags can be put on a saddled Chocobo, thus giving a Chocobo an inventory accessible by shift-right-clicking the respective Chocobo.
v.1.6.6 by Torojima
1. Recipes have been changed, so they do not need the empty spaces above or beside them, now smaller recipes can be crafted in the 2x2 grid.
2. Recipe for Ghysal Cake has been changed to milk, Ghysal green, milk, sugar, egg, sugar, wheat, Ghysal green and wheat.
3. Added Chocobo Saddle Bags item which can be put on a saddled Chocobo (undocumented)
4. Added Saddlebagged Chocobo Skins
5. Switched ModLoader Spawning of Nether Chocobos back on. For now, Nether Chocobos only spawn in new generated chunks.
v.1.6.5 by Torojima
1. Saddled Chocobos will drop the saddle if killed
2. Bug in purple Chocobos flying fixed
3. Bug in purple Chocobos riding position fixed
4. Bug preventing Chicobos to change texture when tamed fixed
v1.6.4 by Torojima
1. Tamed wolves will not attack tamed chocobos.
2. Chocobo fertilizer recipe changed to bone meal and chocobo feather.
v1.6.3 by Torojima
1. Fixed floating rider bug
2. Wing flutter can be switched off by flag in config file.
v1.6.2 by Torojima
1. Changed chocobo model
v1.6.1 by Torojima
1. Changed recipes for loverly ghysal and Chocopedia
v1.6.0 by Torojima
1. Patched for Minecraft version 1.2.5
v1.5.2 by Torojima
1. Added independend spawning class
2. modified configuration file
v1.5.1u by Torojima
1. Fixed the Chocobo-skin bug
v1.5.0u by Torojima
1. Patched for Minecraft version 1.2.4
v1.4.1u by Torojima
1. Added declaration of item ids to the config file
v1.4.0u by Torojima
1. Added a config file which includes name display switch, spawn biome list for standard Chocobos and spawn properties
v1.3.1u by Torojima
1. Patched for Minecraft version 1.2.3
v1.2 by EddieV
1. Added Chocobo Abilities
2. Added a new type of Chocobo - the Purple Chocobo
3. The Purple Chocobo spawns only in the Nether
4. Breeding a Purple Chocobo with one of any other color, will make the Purple Chocobo behave as a normal yellow one
5. Breeding two Purple Chocobos will drop a Nether Chocobo Egg
6. Nether Chocobo Eggs will hatch into a Purple Chicobo when thrown.
7. Adjusted the speed of the chocobos due to the introduction of abilities.
8. The rider of the Chocobo won't receive fall damage as of now.
9. Fixed an issue where a tamed Chocobo would get a new name when re-tamed.
10. Fixed an issue where Minecraft would crash when players entered The Nether
11. Fixed an issue where the mutation chance by use of Golden Gysahls was lower than intended
v1.1.1: by EddieV
1. Added new item Chocobo Tweezers that allows players to pluck out a feather from a tamed or saddled Chocobo.
2. Feathers can only be plucked out every once in a while, and they have a 75% change of being plucked out
3. If the player fails to pluck out the feather, the tamed/saddled chocobo will become wild
4. Added a new item Chocopedia that offers players some control over a tamed/saddled chocobo or chicobo
5. Using the Chocopedia, players can name the chocobo, hide the name individually and make them follow or stay (tamed chocobos will still roam while not following). The Chocopedia also presents information about the chocobo's health and if he already can breed or needs to wait more.
6. Gold, Pink and Red Chocobos now won't receive any fall damage.
7. Extended the default Chocobo name list to 55 different names.
8. Fixed the ID of the Chocobo Fertilizer to be compatible with Millenaire mod
9. Fixed an issue where Chocobo Feathers wouldn't spawn
10. Fixed an issue where Chocobo and Chicobo's health wasn't working as intended.
11. Fixed an issue where players weren't able to cure Chocobos even when hurt.
v1.1: by EddieV
1. Added a config file for players to change the mod's properties
2. Included Custom Mob Spawner API for better control on Chocobo Spawning
3. Adjusted spawning rate of Gysahl Greens
4. Adjusted spawning rate of Chocobos
5. Chocobos now only spawn at forests, plains and mountains (includes snowy mountains)
6. A maximum of 50 Chocobos will spawn (can be changed through the config file)
7. Chocobos will despawn if too far from player (tamed or saddled Chocobos and Chicobos will always remain)
8. Tamed Chicobos now remain tamed after growing up
9. Chocobos won't lose ownership anymore, even when playing offline
10. Adjusted Chocobo Feather spawning rate
11. The player can now pick up items while on a Chocobo
12. Added new item Chibi Gysahl - an item that will force a Chicobo to not grow up
13. Added new item Gysahl Seeds - can be planted and will grow into Gysahl Greens
14. Added new item Chocobo Fertilizer - used to instantly grow Gysahl Seeds into Gysahl Greens
15. Added 15 Choco Achievements
16. Chocobos and Chicobos can now be named once tamed. The name wilfl show above their head
17. Fixed a bug where Gysahl Greens wouldn't show up on Creative mode
18. Fixed Chicobos behaviour - now they'll follow correctly and not push the player
19. Fixed a bug where Saddled Chocobos wouldn't move to mate
v1.0.1: by EddieV
1. Slightly increased the size of Chocobos and Chicobos.
2. Adjustments to the bounding boxes were made to improve riding animations and interactions.
3. Adjustments were made to how close the Chocobo will follow his owner, due to the increased size.
4. Chocobos won't Kweh as often.
5. Saddled Chocobos texture was adjusted to remove glitch through the wings.
6. Chocobos will now fit through doors.
7. When following the owner, Chocobos will stop wandering to facilitate movement and instructions.
8. Fixed an issue where saddled Chocobos would remain stationary even when freed.
9. Fixed an issue where Chocobos kept pushing the owner when following.
10. Fixed an issue where following orders would be reset when loading the game.
11. Fixed an issue where Red or Pink Gysahls would not be consumed when used.
v1.0: by EddieV
1. Fixed an issue where you weren't able to get a Pink Chocobo.
2. White/Black Chocobos are now faster than the previous ones, but still slower than Gold.
3. Fixed the spawning rate of Chocobo packs.
Chocobos and their behaviour:
Types of Chocobos:
There are currently 9 types of Chocobos:
Yellow, Green, Blue, Black, White, Gold, Pink, Red and Purple
The average Chocobos are yellow, so all the wild ones you'll encounter will be of this type. Chocobos can be found in forests, plains and mountains (including snowy forests and mountains).
The other types can be obtained by breeding.
There are also rumors of there being 3 secret types.
What's the difference between each type of Chocobo?
1. Yellow Chocobos are the average chocobos and have no clear abilities.
2. Green Chocobos have the ability to climb, which means that they don't need to jump in order to go up a block that is one step higher.
3. Blue Chocobos have the ability to cross water, which means that they don't won't sink in water and will travel fast in water.
4. White Chocobos have the ability to climb and cross water, and are faster than the previous ones.
5. Black Chocobos have the ability to jump high, climb and cross water, and are as fast as the white ones.
6. Gold/Pink/Red Chocobos have the ability to fly, climb and cross water, don't take fall damage, and are the fastest chocobos.
7. Purple Chocobos have the ability to fly, climb and cross lava, don't take fall damage, are as fast as white and black chocobos, and are immune to fire. They will be found only in The Nether or End.
Where can I find Gysahl Greens?
1. Gysahl Greens can be found around the world, in places where flowers can grow (mainly forests, plains and mountains)
2. You can also craft Gysahl Seeds to plant in your farm.
3. For the seeds to grow instantly, you can use Chocobo Fertilizer
How to obtain a Chocopedia?
1. you can craft a Chocopedia using the recipe given in the recipes list.
2. you can right click a bookshelf with a chocobo feather. This will consume a chocobo feather and the bookshelf and produce a Chocopedia at it's place.
3. you can right click a Chocobo with a writable book, this will transform the writable book into a Chocopedia.
How do I tame a Chocobo?
1. find a pack of wild Chocobos
2. Feed one some Gysahl Greens
3. You will see some hearts and a red collar when the Chocobo is tamed
What happens when a Chocobo is tamed?
1. you can use the Chocopedia on it
2. the Chocobo can be saddled using a Chocobo Saddle.
3. can be equipped with a transport pack.
4. can be healed using Gysahl Greens.
5. will heal while resting in a Chocobo pen.
6. can be made to follow its owner with help of the Chocopedia or a right click with a feather. (Default after taming is not following)
How to build a Chocobo pen?
Every area covered with straw and equipped with a water filled cauldron will count as a Chocobo pen. If a hurt Chocobo will stand on the straw near the cauldron it will automatically heal over time.
1. the Chocobo will stay where left (will follow again if set in Chocopedia)
2. can be ridden by right-clicking on it (hold shift for slower manoeuvring fast Chocobos.)
3. can be equipted with saddle bags by left-clicking with one
4. can drop its saddle by clicking on "drop gear" in Chocopedia
What happens when a Chocobo is equipted with saddle bags?
1. the Chocobo can store and transport up to 36 item stacks. Saddle bags can be accessed by shift-right-click.
2. can drop saddle and saddle bags by clicking on "drop gear" in Chocopedia
What happens when a Chocobo is equipted with a transport pack?
1. the Chocobo can store and transport up to 54 item stacks (but can no longer be equipped with a saddle). Transport bags can be accessed by shift-right-click.
2. can drop the pack bag by clicking on "drop gear" in Chocopedia
What happens when a Chocobo dies?
1. the Chocobo will drop a Raw Chocobo Leg which can be cooked (and is yummy)
How can I obtain a Chocobo Feather?
1. Chocobo Feathers are occasionally dropped by wild or tamed Chocobos.
How can I obtain Loverly or Golden Gysahls?
1. Obtain wild Gysahl Greens
2. craft Gysahl seeds from Gysahl Greens and plant them in tilted earth
3. wait for the Gysahl to fully grow
4. harvest Gysahl. Loverly and Golden Gysahls are a domestic mutation of Gysahl Greens. Thus, when harvesting your planted Gysahls, you will notice if the plant has grown into a Loverly or Golden Gysahl. Unfortunately Loverly and Golden Gysahl are infertile, thus they do not contain any seeds and can not be crafted into seeds, their only purpose is to work as an aphrodisiac for Chocobos.
1. First you have to obtain Loverly Gysahls or Golden Gysahls by farming. Both are a domestic mutation of the normal Gysahl Green.
2. select two tamed Chocobos of different gender to be breed. You can only choose Chocobos you own.
3. wait until the status in the Chocopedia changes from "can not breed" to "can breed". Chocobos need some time after breeding (and after growing up) to be ready to breed again.
4. both Chocobos have to be fed Loverly Gysahls or Golden Gysahls. After that, they'll procreate and a Chicobo will born. There is a certain chance of breeding a mutation, thus a different colored Chocobo will be born.
5. by feeding both Chocobos with Golden Gysahls, the probability of a mutation will increase noticeably.
When will a Chicobo grow into a Chocobo?
1. Chicobos are young Chocobos, so after some time they will eventually grow up
2. Chicobos can also be fed a Gysahl Cake to grow up instantly, but only after they have been tamed.
How can I get the other types of Chocobos?
I'll put a new spoiler tag on this, since these are the exact breeding instructions to get the other types. So be warned! If you want to experiment and find out about how to get the other types DO NOT READ THIS. You've been warned.
1. Yellow + Yellow = Green or Blue
2. Green + Blue = White
3. Yellow + White = Black
4. Black + White =(Golden Gysahls REQUIRED)= Gold
I won't tell you how to get the other two types anyway > All I can say is it is not through breeding, but by forcing a Gold chocobo to be another one ;P
Items and Blocks:
Gysahl Greens are the most important block in ChocoCraft. They are used to tame Chocobos and to create various other greens. Just like flowers, Gysahl Greens will grow randomly across the map and can be collected and even planted again.
Raw Chocobo Leg
This piece of meat is dropped by the most unfortunate Chocobos. Just like regular chicken legs, they can be cooked on a furnace.
Cooked Chocobo Leg
By eating this yummy chocobo leg, you'll reduce your famine. A Chocobo Leg reduces famine even more than a cooked chicken leg, healing just as much as a cooked pork chop.
Chocobo Feathers are very attractive items to Chocobos. They can be used to build saddles, whistles, and even special types of gysahls. Tamed and wild Chocobos will occasionaly drop these.
Tamed Chocobos can only be ridden once they are saddled with these special saddles.
Chocobo Saddle Bags
Saddled Chocobos can be equipted with one of these to give them some transport and storage capacities. Once saddle bags are fitted onto a Chocobo, they can be accessed by shift-right-clicking the Chocobo.
Chocobo Pack Bags
Tamed Chocobos can be equipted with one of these to give them some transport and storage capacities. Once pack bags are fitted onto a Chocobo, they can be accessed by right-clicking the Chocobo.
(no function yet, will be used in future to call last ridden Chocobo to the current player position).
Loverly Gysahls are a special domestic mutation of Gysahl Greens. When growing Gysahl seeds in tilted earth, there is a chance the crop will grow into a Loverly Gysahl. This form of the plant does not appear in the wild. Loverly Gysahls are used to make a Chocobo fall in love and look for a partner to procreate.
Just like Loverly Gysahls, Golden Gysahls are used to make Chocobos procreate. Like Loverly Gysahls this is a domestic mutation of Gysahl Greens. These romantic herbs are known to increase the chances of adquiring a new type of Chocobo.
Chicobos just love gysahl greens and cakes, and when you join both, they're get really happy. Gysahl Cakes give joy to a Chicobo, making him grow up instantly into one big and beautiful Chocobo.
Raw Gysahl Pickles
First step towards some tasty cooked Gysahl pickles.
After cooking raw Gysahl pickles you will receive this tasty Gysahl pickles. It will not only taste marvelous, but also reduce your famine a little.
Weird synthetic gysahls are known to cause extreme effects to Chocobos. So beware.
Weird synthetic gysahls are known to cause extreme effects to Chocobos. So beware.
Seeds made from Gysahl Greens. Can be planted to build a Gysahl Green farm and can be fertilized with bone meal.
Notebook that keeps information about the Chocobos. Allows player to name their chocobo, check on information about health and breeing status and even give orders.
Straw cover for a Chocobo pen.
Purple Chocobo Egg
Produced by breeding purple male and female Chocobo.
Known Issues and Bugs:
1. Chocobos love to stare in the face of people. It's not as much dangerous as it is creepy.
If you happen to find any more bug or issue, please report it on this thread and I'll look into it ASAP
There is one config file, located in the config folder in the main minecraft folder. It is called "chocobo_config.txt"
"chocobo_config.txt" will host all flags and settings regarding everything todo with the ChocoCraft mod.
There are comments to describe the meaning and usage of the settings in "chocobo_config.txt" in the file itself. You can add your own comments by starting the respective line in the text with "//".
To reset the values and the comments, in case the config file has been updated by me or you have edited it beyond recognition, just delete the file and run minecraft once with the ChocoCraft mod active.
Since the entries involved with the Chocobo spawning are the most obscure, here a more detailed explanation to make it clear:
spawnTimeDelay Default is 200, this is the time in minecraft-ticks between two attempts of the ChocoboSpawner to spawn wild Chocobos into the world.
spawnProbability Default is 2, this is the probability out of 100 for each spawn attempt the ChocoboSpawner will actually try to spawn wild Chocobos into the world. So as default only 2% of the times a spawn attempt will be started.
spawnGroupMin and spawnGroupMax Default is 2 and 4. This limits the size of Chocobo flocks spawn in one attempt into the world.
spawnTotalMax Default is 3, this is the max amount of active wild Chocobos, so if in the currently loaded Chunks three active wild Chocobos are around, there will be no further wild Chocobo spawning.
spawnLimitChunkRadius Default is 100, this is the radius of blocks the Chocobos for the spawnTotalMax limit are searched in.
distanceNextWild Defaults to 300, this is the minimum distance between two wild Chocobo flocks. If a flock of Chocobos is less then 300 clicks away, there will be no further spawning.
Ideas for Future Development:
Special Gui when riding Chocobo that will show his current health and name
Yellow Chocobo spawn eggs
dynamic abilities (???)
idle animation for saddled and waiting Chocobos
maybe: double wide chocobo fence doors
brown chocobo (slow, but more health than the others)
If you have any more suggestions, comments or ideas, keep 'em coming
How to Install:
I recommend the use of multimc, this launcher will automaticaly install forge with the touch of a button
With a multimc instance created, Add the chococraft jar using the mod menu.
1. Chococraft has been created by EddieV
2. Micdoodle for joining the developing team from v.3.0.1 onwards.
3. Chocobos are creatures from Square Enix's Final Fantasy franchise, which later became main characters on their own games. As such, I do not own any right on them.
4. The banner has been created by galindorf
5. The design of the new Chocobo model has been created by firas333.
6. Pictures of new Chocobos made by uncletravis and PoloniumRadon.
7. Server testing by sparks314
8. The old models of the Chocobos were HIGHLY inspired by the Moa creatures in The Aether Mod.
9. The models of the Chicobos were HIGHLY inspired by the chicks present in Baby Animals Mod.
10. ShadoxLunik for the new purple/nether Chocobo skin
11. weltallofid for making a symmetric saddled skin.
12. Arkenore for the brilliant title phrase
13. LeonBlade for helping with v.1.6.10.
Since I have been asked a few times for permission to add my mod to a mod-pack, here my general terms. If they are meet, you can send me a message asking for permission. If they are not meet, dont bother ...
- no money will be made from the download of the mod-pack (URL-shortener, click-counter etc...)
- Link to the ChocoCraft OP on www.minecraftforum.net will be provided in a text file included with the mod-pack (text file of mods list is sufficient)
- Link to the ChocoCraft OP will be provided on your community/server web page if available
- Modpack users will be informed about the latest version of ChocoCraft, thus I don't want to hear every to often about bugs fixed in the current official version, but not in the pack version.
- I can revoke my permission any time (which I don't intend to do unprovoked without the modpacker doing anything objectionable)
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
0. USED TERMS
MOD - modification, plugin, a piece of software that interfaces with the Minecraft client to extend, add, change or remove original capabilities.
MOJANG - Mojang AB
OWNER - , Original author(s) of the MOD. Under the copyright terms accepted when purchasing Minecraft (http://www.minecraft.net/copyright.jsp) the OWNER has full rights over their MOD despite use of MOJANG code.
USER - End user of the mod, person installing the mod.
THIS MOD IS PROVIDED 'AS IS' WITH NO WARRANTIES, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE.
THE OWNER OF THIS MOD TAKES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES INCURRED FROM THE USE OF THIS MOD.
THIS MOD ALTERS FUNDAMENTAL PARTS OF THE MINECRAFT GAME,
PARTS OF MINECRAFT MAY NOT WORK WITH THIS MOD INSTALLED.
ALL DAMAGES CAUSED FROM THE USE OR MISUSE OF THIS MOD FALL ON THE USER.
Use of this MOD to be installed, manually or automatically, is given to the USER without restriction.
This MOD may only be distributed where uploaded, mirrored,
or otherwise linked to by the OWNER solely.
All mirrors of this mod must have advance written permission from the OWNER.
ANY attempts to make money off of this MOD (selling, selling modified versions, adfly, sharecash, etc.) are STRICTLY FORBIDDEN,
and the OWNER may claim damages or take other action to rectify the situation.
4. DERIVATIVE WORKS/MODIFICATION
This mod is provided freely and may be decompiled and modified for private use,
either with a decompiler or a bytecode editor.
Public distribution of modified versions of this MOD require advance written permission of the OWNER and may be subject to certain terms.
Hey, my game crashed when I tried to insert this mod with some other mods with this. The mods I had when I tried to run it are in the attached area. Do you know what's causing it to crash?
EDIT: I had to update to the latest Forge version. Sorry about that, and you might want to tell to use the latest forge version with this mod on the main post!