- About -
The idea is simple. You can throw any axes that extends ItemAxe with this mod as weapon. The damage calculation, enchantment, critical, etc. are all the same as if you hit a mob directly. After hitting a mob, the axe would bounce back and then you can throw it again instantly once you grabbed it.
- Installation -
Have Forge Installed and put the jar file downloaded in the 'mods' folder.
Also, make sure you are using Java 7 or 8.
- Changelog -
2015/07/13 version 184.108.40.206-1.7.10
- Fixed Replica enchanted books not working.
- Allow villagers to work with Replica.
2015/07/05 version 220.127.116.11-1.7.10
- Fixed inability to obtain Replica in survival mode.
2015/04/04 version 18.104.22.168-1.7.10
- Fixed rendering issue with latest TiC.
2015/04/04 version 22.214.171.124-1.7.10
- Added Redstone Arsenal support.
2015/03/13 version 126.96.36.199-1.7.10
- Improved pick-up behaviour after joining game or respawn. (Thanks mes-mc)
2015/03/06 version 188.8.131.52-1.7.10
- Added Axe support for CoFH Core.
- Removed TiC Lumber Axe specific settings. It should work exactly the same as other axes now.
2015/01/27 version 184.108.40.206-1.7.10
- Fixed a crash occurs when Replica is disabled.
2015/01/25 version 220.127.116.11-1.7.10
- Fixed inverted logic preventing onItemUseFirst being called on blocks. Should fix right click not working on certain items.
2015/01/24 version 18.104.22.168-1.7.10
- Double checked player held item, should fix block related crashes.
2015/01/19 version 22.214.171.124-1.7.10
- Added Axe and Paxel supports for Mekanism Tools. (Thanks mes-mc)
- Reduced log spamming with annotation errors.
- Partially replaced the right click hook with an ASM implementation to reduce code copying. Should fix issues with Bukkit plugins.
2014/09/25 version 126.96.36.199-1.7.10/1.6.4
- Fixed potential mod conflicts.
- Strengthened dispenser shooting.
2014/09/19 version 188.8.131.52-1.7.10/1.6.4
- Added dedicated sound effects.
- Minor adjustments concerning entity restitution.
2014/09/10 version 184.108.40.206-1.7.10/1.6.4
- Fixed server crash on startup.
- Fixed NPE on 1.6.2 mod list.
- Reduced entity restitution. With this change, your item will never fly over your head even you are throwing at zero distance to a mob. Those who would like to retain the old restitution may make use of the new option provided in config.
- [MC 1.7] Configured client to receive server side config during login. Config options being synchronized are limited to those that does not require a restart i.e. anything except the enchantment id.
2014/09/06 version 220.127.116.11-1.7.10/1.6.4
- Fixed TiC tools being able to place block while the corresponding throwing option is on.
- Added new pick up behaviour: You are able to retrieve thrown weapon if 1) you are the thrower or 2) you have interacted with any thrown weapons recently. Note that you may always pick up a weapon thrown by other players with the left click (not available until 1.7). Also, a new config option is provided in case you prefer the old, rather simple behaviour. (default: 1.7 - new, 1.6 - old)
- Minecraft version is validated as well.
2014/09/03 version 18.104.22.168-1.7.10/1.6.4
- [MC 1.7] Updated to MC 1.7.10 while retaining compatibility to 1.7.2
- Rename the mod as 'Tomahawks'.
- Minor physics changes.
- Launched weapons is ignited with Fire Aspect.
- Fixed two entities are thrown with a single click in creative mode.
- Stack size in hand is consumed instead of throwing the whole stack. (In case you can stack them.)
- Fixed launched weapon go through blocks under certain conditions.
- [MC 1.7] Left click (pickup) and right click (while sneaking, fix the entity) interactions.
- Internally separated the core contents as an API. (Still not accessible without the whole mod installed)
- [MC 1.7] Separated the config gui into 'core' and 'non-core' parts.
- New enchantment 'Replica'. (Indirectly available through books)
- [MC 1.7] Custom weapon name (if present) is shown on top of an entity now.
- Named weapon will never despawn.
- Picked up weapons now go into current slot in use if possible.
- [MC 1.7] Sword enchantments can be inherited from golden swords with an anvil now. (Disabled by default)
- Version and artifact numbers of interacting mods are checked during startup now.
- Added TiC Lumber axe support. (Shorter range when compared with Hatchets)
- Fixed entities stay on a trap door even if it has changed from closed to open.
2014/05/20 version 22.214.171.124-1.7.2/1.6.4
- Fixed some issues related to collision detection. Also had some afterward adjustment onto the parameters.
- Fixed a calculation about player movement speed.
2014/05/19 version 126.96.36.199-1.7.2/1.6.4
- Fixed trajectory curving horizontally.
- Supported Item.onBlockStartBreak.
- Supported the Vorpal enchantment in A.K.'s AdditionalEnchantments to drop heads.
2014/05/17 version 188.8.131.52-1.6.4
- Backported from 184.108.40.206-1.7.2
2014/05/17 version 220.127.116.11-1.7.2
- Rewrote spin related calculations.
- Reduced restitution on entities.
- A burning tomahawk would now set the target hit on fire.
- Supported the Vorpal enchantment in DemoXin's MoreEnchants to drop heads.
- Added enchantment critical effect for tomahawks in air.
- Fixed inertia do not work.
- Fixed axes rotating inside blocks.
2014/05/14 version 18.104.22.168-1.7.2/1.6.4
- Added support for DemoXin's MoreEnchants.
2014/05/14 version 22.214.171.124-1.6.4
- Backported from 126.96.36.199-1.7.2
2014/05/13 version 188.8.131.52-1.7.2
- Fixed a config issue that those items that being load after the config blacklist does not count into the blacklist.
2014/05/12 version 184.108.40.206-1.7.2
- TiC Hatchet support. And in addition, TiC Frying Pan support. (Frying Pan is off by default)
- Adjusted most of the physics parameters.
- Tweaked the calculation of the reflection normal.
- Reflected axe through a block would still do damage now.
- Inertia inheritance.
- Tweaked collision sound effects.
- Deactivated the Mob AI related things.
- Added AttackEntityEvent and Item.onLeftClickEntity support. I think most of the enchantments would work by now.
- Tweaked how thrown axe looked like in transparent block.
- Config GUI.
2014/05/04 version 220.127.116.11-1.6.4
- Fixed a crash.
2014/05/04 version 18.104.22.168-1.6.4
- Backported from 22.214.171.124-1.7.2
2014/05/03 version 126.96.36.199-1.7.2
- Fixed position bug.
- Added Enchantment glint.
- Added a blacklist config option.
- Tweaked physical behaviours such as spin, collision and how it rest on blocks.
- Tomahawks no longer stop by tall grass, sugar cane, etc.
- Added Mob AI.
- Added dispenser support.
- Added broken sound playback.
(Please note that an additional spawning tweak is used for testing purpose.
2014/04/27 version 188.8.131.52-1.6.4
- Backported from 184.108.40.206-1.7.2
Hey! I made a video for your awesome mod It would be cool if you added it to the post :3
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
You just wasted 5 seconds of your life reading this message, you will now think about something you could have done for these 5 seconds instead of reading this useless message that now made you waste 10 seconds of your life.
Oh thanks wow, you have even used Netherrocks and my OnlySilver with enchantments, which is great.
And you have reminded me to add back the enchantment glint. It is possible, but while I am looking into the position aberration issue and end up leaving it unsolved, I have forgotten to add it. Thank you.
A new version for 1.7.2 is up. There are still a lot of things that can be improved, but as long as I found that I cannot have it all done shortly, I decided to release it once and leaving those remaining to the forthcoming updates. Main changes are listed below:
Fixed the position bug that occurs when a tomahawk rest on block. This is done at the first place.
Added back the enchantment glint onto the projectile entity. Just a little change on the appearance, but surely it is what enchanted items should look like.
An config option to blacklist any axes that you don't want to throw. The GUI has not yet been done, but I think I have got the idea how it could be done. For example to blacklist the wooden axe, you write like this by now
Changes in physical behaviours. Better spin, collision, and how it rest on blocks. The changes may not be just ended here. I am still looking for improvement for the forthcoming updates.
Tomahawks no longer stop by tall grass, sugar cane, etc.
Mob AI. There is now a rare chance you would encounter a originally sword wielding mob holding an axe and throw it at you. Currently skeleton (wither), zombie and zombie pigman are supported. This feature is very likely to be changed in the future, and I would like to also add support for those mobs that comes from other mods. And also just note that the mobs are throwing tomahawk at backward spin. Guess how it could mean?
Dispenser support. It could use either forward or backward spin, randomly.
Added the broken sound playback. It is the sound when you break an equipment, you will hear the same sound effect for tomahawks now.
A backport to 1.6.4 would be done within days.
P.S. I just remembered that I've forgot to add a config option to turn off the Mob AI. It would be here at the next version.
Wow, indeed simple, I think you should add more tomohawks like the elemental to tomohawk. And tomohawk are supposed to be one-hit-KO
Thank you. But I don't feel like adding items to this mod. Maybe your could install some more mods that add axe, then your can throw them as tomahawk. The special effects on those axe are supposed to be work with tomahawks. If you find an axe that doesn't work, report it to me and I'll look into it. And I am afraid that I am not going to increase the attack damage, but I think using a high tier axe with some enchantments could still give you an one-hit-KO tomahawk.
May I ask everyone of you who are willing to, to suggest a name for a new enchantment? I am thinking about adding an enchantment that act like the infinity enchantment in bows, to axes. It would consume durability when triggered. Any suggestion would be appreciated, so feel free to tell me how you think about it. I think this new feature would be added after the GUI config is done, so that those who find the enchantment not necessary could easily turn it off without quitting and restarting Minecraft.
I have just surprisingly noticed that the number of downloads has exceeded a thousand. As I have always to say, if you have any ideas, advices or suggestions, please feel free to tell me then I would at least give a reply to you. Any form of contribution would be appreciated.
I would like to see fire aspected axes when thrown to be on fire, if possible..
Also, a name for the enchantment...InfiAxe?
Thank you. Actually, I have somehow struggled about making or not making fire aspected tomahawks appear to be on fire, before the first release last week.
It seems reasonable to make it appear to be on fire if I look at the point that I have also adopt the same critical effect from arrows to thrown tomahawks. But as I looked at that those axes that have similar effects to fire aspect e.g. a Fyrite axe in Netherrocks, I started to think about that if I should better set all those types of axes one by one manually to be constantly on fire or not. Still thinking about it, but anyway, I could definitely add a new option in the config for it.
As for the name, I think it would be better that if we try coming out of some new words instead of borrowing the word "infinity".
There are some basic ideas I have come out of. Say, an infinity bow produces volatile arrows (that your can't pick it up) to be shot, but in contrast, an axe with the new enchantment here are reproducing volatile copies of itself to be thrown. I think we can focus on the point that the axes are reproducing themselves. Due to my lack of English vocabulary / bad English, I am still finding a word. I believe there would be some helpful people with good English suggesting me some nice words to use. Please feel free to leave it here if you have come out one.