I am presenting here my first mod: GPS MOd !
This is an GPS mod for Minecraft. Basically it's an entity tracker.
Modes available at the moment:
- "Tracker" for tracking a players with specified names
- "Locator" for locating blocks/items with specified ID
- "Finder" for finding specified mobs
- "Detector" for detecting blocks with specified ID
How to install and run properly: 1. Download and install required mods: ModLoader, ZanMinimap, GuiApi
2. Download and install GPS MOd
2b. If you use 128x128 textures instal fix located in '128x128 Fix' directory
3. Launch Minecraft, then configure GPS to fit your needs by going to: Options -> Global Mod Settings -> XGPS
4. When in-game, grab an compass
5. Look at the minimap for results
Attention! 'World Mod Settings' doesn't affect the GPS! Use 'Global Mod Settings' instead!
Screenshots: PIC1 <- Finder in 'All animals' mode PIC2 <- Options screen PIC3 <- Locator with ID 296 PIC4 <- Detector with ID 14
- Initial release
- FIXED: if Tracker were turned on other modes weren't working
- Added item icons (thanks Defiance for help!)
- FIXED: you couldn't add new waypoints
- Finally added working Detector mode!
- Now GPS will only work if you hold an compass
- You can now add more users to tracker (separate them with ',')
- Some bugfixes...
- Finally updated to 1.5_01
- FIXED: Locator wasn't working for blocks, only for items
- Changed compass to look more like GPS
- Changed clock to look more like watch
- Fixed some/many bugs...
- Added possible fix for 'Null' errors
- Removed clock2watch feature
- Bugfixes, there are too many to write them here
- Small speedup
- Detector shows only nearest blocks
- Detector isn't restricted to 3+ block groups now
- FIXED: Finder sometimes did show mobs in incorrect positions
- GPS is a lot more stable now
- Detector scans also blocks above the player
- Another code clean-up (speed-up)
- Finally updated to 1.6.6, it sure took some time
Message to Minecraft server admins:
Since people could use this mod to cheat, i gave you an option to disable it.
How? Just disallow compasses!
Got an error ingame?
You need to tell me what happened before the error occured, what other mods you have installed and post all lines that appears in your chatbox, or post a screenshot. Output from Minecraft Error Test would be also nice. Then i will be able to fix your problem and inprove GPS MOd.
Works perfect! If you need any help testing any other mods then I'll do it. I would like a custom waypoint icon for the "Tracker" and maybe a custom one for the "Locator" aswell. Perhaps a way to have 3 or 2 people in the "Tracker" at once?
This mod doesn't seem to work for me.. I think I did everything right, from installing the ModLoader and GuiAPI (not sure if I did it right), however when I log into minecraft, it doesn't track anything (I copied your settings). It also says "Running GPSMOd rev10 (1.4_01) by XspeedPL upon login.
This mod doesn't seem to work for me.. I think I did everything right, from installing the ModLoader and GuiAPI (not sure if I did it right)
Are you sure that you also installed ZanMinimap correctly?
Yes, I believe I did it right, I used to get the null and unknown source errors, but I got a fresh copy of minecraft.jar, added all the necessary things inside the .jar (I put ModLoader first, followed by GuiAPI, then I put Zans minimap and finally GPSMOd). I get no errors, the map shows; but it does not show monsters in either Single Player or Multiplayer.
Is there a different way GuiAPI needs to be installed... Other than that I have no idea what it possibly could be.
Yes, but i am not sure how to display the results (heigth).
I wanna hear your suggestions.
If you mean suggestions about how implement it, sorry i'm not a programmer. If you mean to general suggestions, i will post what comes to my mind!
There is a bug with the waypoints. Example: I have 3 waypoints from "Juan World", then i create "Pedro World" and the minimap shows me the waypoints from "Juan World". I don't know if it happens on SMP.
It will be nice if you fix it!
PD: i forget to give you my thanks for this awesome mod!