Yea I v-synced mine at 100fps as well. Can't adjust Fancy graphics or turn on advance open gl or it freezes no biggie. Loving the new lighting, the torches light gives off a flickering light thats very subtle but the effect is very nice.
Whoever has no clue how to play this, follow these directions;
1. Hit the Windows button on your keyboard + R at the same time
2. Type %appdata%
3. Locate your .minecraft folder
4. Go to your bin folder located in the .minecraft folder
5. Download the new Minecraft.jar and drag it into the bin folder
6. Remove and Replace with the old one.
Note: If your old 1.7.3 jar still has mods on it that you don't want to re-add, make a backup.