-Swamp biome was added to the list of existing biomes - look for vines on trees!
Can be collected with shears, in the manner of leaf blocks. Vines will grow on any surface they are placed on
- Beef and Chicken added
- Strongholds - spawn once per world
- Ruins (basically strongholds on the ground)
- Giant mushrooms (Do not generate yet)
- Creative mode
Allows flying, insta-break, unlimited items from an item palette, no damage, and more
- Abandoned mine shafts
Normally passive, these night-spawning mobs will teleport to (and attack) you if you look directly at them. When defeated, they can drop Ender Pearls, which presently do nothing
- Bow charging
Variable damage with charge, can also land critical hits. Additionally, attacks can crit if you hit a player or mob when descending from a jump
Run faster, knock mobs back that are hit during a sprint - appears to deplete the hunger bar faster
- New high-quality Main Menu
- Chest animation (lids open, close)
- Player list on SMP; Server listings
- Setting gamemode on SMP "/gamemode username 0/1", 1 being Creative and 0 being Survival
Depletes slowly over time, can be filled by eating food. At 9 more more bars, you will regenerate health slowly.
- Eating animation
- Arrows stick to mobs
- Xp bar (Gain xp from killing mobs and other players)
- New lighting engine (Colored lights, smoother lighting)
- Clouds are now at the ceiling of the world
- Cave spiders
- Zombies drop rotten flesh, which can be consumed
- Watermelons (as well as watermelon and pumpkin seeds)
- Glass panes
These can be crafted at a crafting table by making a 3x2 grid of Glass Blocks - makes 16 panes. These panes can be placed in lines, corners and crosses, and they will adjoin with the nearest adjacent block.
- Iron Bars
Created by making a 3x2 grid of iron ingots at a crafting table. Can be placed in the same manner as glass panes
- Brick, Stone Brick stairs
- Smooth stone brick
Can be crafted by placing Stone in a 2x2 grid, makes 4 Stone Bricks
- F6 & F7 Adjust the time of day when pressed/held
New features and discoveries will be added as they are found. Stay tuned!
Cool but a bit of a sour point on clouds. I don't think they should be moved completely out of the way. When you're tower pierces the clouds it looks pretty cool. Only thing that needs to be done is that they don't appear inside, just like rain doesn't fall in places with a roof, the same system should be used for drawing clouds in buildings.
Downloaded and tested. Now, my computer does not give me high fps. Using 1.7.3 the average is 15. Using 1.8 pre-release, however, gives me 1 fps. One f**in' frame per second!! If this is how it will be, I'm (sadly) not updating once 1.8 will be offically released. I also experienced terrain generator glitches. Please, notch, for the sake of your fans, don't make minecraft into a game which can't be played on a laptop. Because it would mean me not being able to play minecraft anymore - and hundreds of other players out there.