My Minecraft Server has problems loading chunks when entering a portal (only nether-normalworld tested so far) or respawning at spawn.
Either no chunks are loaded at all or Chunks around the position I stand are loaded but not the ones I'm currently in. In both cases after a while I just fall down, eventually dying due to falling out of the world.
Most of the time flying plus reconnecting fixes it to stay at the same position. In case I don't fly and just reconnect I end up at the position I logged out.
I did not have those problems pre 1.3.1 and I don't have any ideas how to fix it anymore.
Things I already tried:
- Restarting the computer.
- Reinstalling Java
- trying different world names
- giving the minecraft server more memory to work with (with those fancy parameter commands)
- I tried both the standard Minecraft_Server.jar and the Minecraft_Server.exe
- I tried to reproduce that problem on my own computer by creating a server there and connecting to it but there I did not have the problem.
- Connecting via the LAN IP instead of the external one
The computer I ran and still try to run it uses Windows 7, java 7 (newest version).