Yesterday I completed my slimefarm, with great thanks to Trunkz (Micromancero on youtube).
Though my watertrap is not completely working yet, I have the hardest problem with slimes to spawn regularly.
I know this facts:
* slimes do not spawn if a player is closer then 24 blocks.
* slimes do despawn if no player is in a range of 128 blocks.
That combined, makes me think I have to stand between 24 and 128 blocks away. (correct?)
Hypothetical, if my slimefarm is at x=0, z=0, y=10
1. would my standing position at x=0, z=0, y=34 then counts as being 24 blocks away?
2. would my standing position at x=128, z=0, y=64 be 128 blocks away or (128+54) 182 blocks away?
3. is standing at x=128, z=128, y=10 also possible and still having slimes spawn in the initial place?
I like to know, so I can make more buildings close enough by, so my automatice slime-farm keeps producing slimes :smile.gif:
(Since I did not find this question on the forum yet, I choosed to make a new topic. If that's not correct, let me know or move it to it's right place)
Like any hostile mob, slimes will not spawn within 24 meters sphere radius of any player. Similarly, slimes will despawn after some time if no player is within 32 meters sphere radius of it, and despawn instantly if no player is within 128 meters sphere radius.