Then yes, I have already tried that. But, for some reason when i tried to install Optimine before, it didn't work either so i am obviously doing something incorrect. I deleted that MIF (whatever it's called) file using Winrar, dragged the class files over into the minecraft.jar winrar file, and also moved the World Edit file into the bin. (it appears as World Edit in Winrar) Is there anything else?
1. Go to the ".minecraft/bin" directory and backup minecraft.jar
2. Using 7zip or equally capable archive viewer open minecraft.jar
3. Delete the META-INF folder (if on a MAC *only* delete the Mojang_c files)
4. Copy ALL the ".class" files contained within the mod to minecraft.jar, replacing the existing files.
5. Close minecraft.jar
6. Copy ALL the ".jar" files contained within the mod to the ".minecraft/bin" directory (the same directory as minecraft.jar). This means copy WorldEdit.jar into ".minecraft/bin" NOT into Minecraft.jar
7. Enjoy the mod.