[1.3.1] Portal Language Pack

Do you love Portal? Do you love Minecraft? Do you miss GLaDOS? If you answered yes to those first two questions, then you're in luck! If you answered yes to that last question, then too bad for you because there's nothing I can do about that. Anyway, this is a language pack I've been working on that's based on Valve's Portal series of video games.

Screenshots

Download

Changelog
    • May 11, 2012: Created
    • June 10, 2012: Changed some stuff including wools (thanks to Darkness_Dude for helping with those)
    • June 27, 1934: Enchanting changes and whatnot

To-do list
    • Achievements
    • Items and blocks
    • POSSIBLY mobs

How to install
    1. Open the zip file you downloaded
    2. Go to the bin folder in .minecraft (hopefully you know how to do that)
    3. Open minecraft.jar with WinRAR, Winzip, 7zip, or something similar
    4. Delete the folder in minecraft.jar titled "META-INF"
    5. Drag the folder in the zip file titled "lang" into minecraft.jar
    6. And that's it! All done!

Texture pack used in the screenshots is 16x Modified Portal by carlotta4th. Check it out here!
    Aaaaaaaaaah yeah.
    Very good job so far. i will be sure to use this! :)
    And i will be the second! :D Nice job
    Click my signature to visit my Server's forum post :D
    Good job! Interesting too!

Made by lapischocolate (aka filbert_phang)! All credit to him!
    This is cool! =D Will the different wools be named after the different cores they are in the texture pack?

That is AWSOME
    Quote from Darkness_Dude

This is cool! =D Will the different wools be named after the different cores they are in the texture pack?

That's a great idea, I just might do that!
    Aaaaaaaaaah yeah.
    Quote from Moosewings

That's a great idea, I just might do that!

Mind if I do that for you? I'll have a lot of free time soon ._.

Quote from Darkness_Dude

Mind if I do that for you? I'll have a lot of free time soon ._.

Go ahead. I could only find 8 cores that are in the games (morality, curiosity, intelligence, anger, space, adventure, fact, and intelligence dampening[AKA Wheatley]) and there are 12 wools in the texture pack that look like cores which leaves 4 unnamed ones. I tried coming up with my own names for them but they were pretty bad, so you can just go on and do what you want with them.
    Aaaaaaaaaah yeah.
    looks very cool. so now you can download the portal mod and this pack and then it shoul fell just like portal...just a lite more cubi
    Also see my custom map:
    This doesn't want to work for me :/ Could you please post what you're doing (What folder is being renamed, what's in new language file)?

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out. But could you please tell me how you managed to change the language text colour? Anyway, great pack, you should change some blocks (maybe noot wool cores, but maybe something related to redstone?) but other than that, great.
    Brony!
    dude, this is great, i looked at the achievments and i couldn't stop laughing, i can't wait to see what you come up with for the blocks and mobs, i have an idea for the skeleton, why not turret, the enchantments are also really funny, keep up the good work, i love this, also, how do i update it when i need to?
    also, for the bow, why not portal devise :P
    Wow awesome job the achievements are really cool and everytime I read one i feel like I ear GLaDOS saying it :D

Using and bookmarked! What, dosen't work!
    http://www.minecraftforum.net/user/588786-rzb321/Thanks to this guy for this great siggy!
    Quote from Dragon_Lore23

This doesn't want to work for me :/ Could you please post what you're doing (What folder is being renamed, what's in new language file)?

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out. But could you please tell me how you managed to change the language text colour? Anyway, great pack, you should change some blocks (maybe noot wool cores, but maybe something related to redstone?) but other than that, great.

The colour can be changed by putting a section sign (This thing: §) and then any number 0-9 or letter a-f.

1=blue
    2=green
    3=cyan
    4=red
    5=purple
    6=orange
    7=light grey
    8=grey
    9=greenish blue
    0=black
    a=light green
    b=aqua
    c=light red
    d=pink
    e=yellow
    f=white
    Aaaaaaaaaah yeah.
    This is very good idea ;DD
    This is the best language pack I've ever seen. Great work!
    Quote from Moosewings

The colour can be changed by putting a section sign (This thing: §) and then any number 0-9 or letter a-f.

1=blue
    2=green
    3=cyan
    4=red
    5=purple
    6=orange
    7=light grey
    8=grey
    9=greenish blue
    0=black
    a=light green
    b=aqua
    c=light red
    d=pink
    e=yellow
    f=white

Oh, cool! Thanks for that! Great language pack by the way :D
    Very nice! Downloading!
    Could you do a tutorial on how to do this?
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes