How do you get villagers to breed?

Quote from KyoShinda

I'm starting to get confused and frustrated with them too.

16 'houses' and they stay to 5 villagers. You know how people say you relog for kids to change occupation? It works for a adults, it simply updates the skin, the villagers were already a different job, they just haven't updated visually.

Back on topic: It's been about a mc week and they had a kid the first day, I guess they reached their cap but I don't see how that's possible with all the empty homes.

The problem is. The less you have the less they breed. They only start breeding really regular if you already have some. So if you have 2 and they get one child they don't do breed normaly a new one till the child gets adulthood. AND then the child has a chance to breed 2 new with the parents. That's what I have seen a lot happen after a lot of village simulations. Then the new 2 kids that comes from this one can breed 3 more childs. But the old dudes will not breed anymore, only with newer children. It seems if some pair have already done it they will not do it a second time. That's why it's slow with less villager, and rather fast with a lot of villager.
    2=1
    3=3
    4=6
    ... and so on if you drop them.

so if you have initialy 10 villager, all these can still get a child with any other.
    It's complicated but that's what I have get out of them so far.

Maybe you can test this.

So if you want to speed it up a bit. After breeding a child, kill the parents and put new in.

Quote from Marfagames
    But the old dudes will not breed anymore, only with newer children.

This is not only wrong out of context, it's stupid IN context.
    I made this village. There are 32 houses, plus the tower in the middle. The tower has four doors, all the houses have one. So, thirty-six doors in total. I spawned only two villagers. I then walked away for an hour or two. This is what I returned to...

Apparently the testificates have never heard of the word "restraint."
    Quote from TheGoryElk

They also haven't heard the word "consistency".

Seriously, remember that town where I cordoned off six rooms and nothing happened?
    I killed four villagers, and STILL, no children in sight. Maybe they're abstinent?

So, I visit another town nearby. I put up a few more doors than I had in the last town.
    I am seeing better results! At least four children already, of all different kinds!
    I just wish Testificate breeding was more consistent.
    Mine dont survive the night they all become zombies.
    Quote from TheGoryElk

I made this village. There are 32 houses, plus the tower in the middle. The tower has four doors, all the houses have one. So, thirty-six doors in total. I spawned only two villagers. I then walked away for an hour or two. This is what I returned to...

A nice and simple designe of a infinity villager growth village =). Without any boarder around it it's endless population. It's around 75x75 tiles?

I didn't know you. Could make them breed

• To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes