Actually, there kind of is somewhat small-medium mountains in deserts. On the forums in the section: "1.0 Update Discussion" scroll down until you find the topic: "Terrain Generator Fixed?" and you'll find picture of it on either page 1 or 2.
I saw that, but in 1.73 I had a death valley
but it is a start and I'm liking the generation a lot.
The forest biome is SUPER small now. Like stupid small.
There's too many swamp and snow biomes.
Looks like he tried to make the terrain less flat, but all he did was make very small hills that are pointless.
We need 1.7.3 generation, but with the big biomes.
See....wtf is this about?
He's really messing things up with generation.
Edit: Now i spawned a new world and there's a big forest biome. So what is up with the small patches?
At least Jeb is actually TRYING to fix the terrain gen code unlike Notch who just sits there trying to make other games and most importantly- NOT listening to what the community wants! But I don't really hate Notch, just hate the fact that didn't listen to the community and fix the biome gen code Jeb is working hard for along with the new API with Jon I believe is his name.
- Bow Enchantments
- Golden Apple recipe
- New language translations.
- Slightly smoothed color transitions between biomes
- Reduced brewing time to 20 seconds
- Added spawn eggs to creative (the colors of the eggs even look like the mobs)
- Added world type options (currently only super-flat and default)
- Removed collision box from ladders
- Sheep eat grass and regain their wool