1. Herobrine will spawn near you, but for his code to destroy things he'll go near lots of light supposedly. Make your entire base lit up by redstone torches, just barely enough to keep monsters from spawning inside. Buys you some time. Make a decoy cave somewhere with TONS of light.
2. Protect your house with strong materials.
3. Stop carrying around important things when doing something when they aren't needed.
4. Have a saferoom nearby made of JUST OBSIDIAN, redstone torches. Keep a chest with tons of food and other supplies inside.
5. If all your torches go out, look directly down. If you look at him it could be worse.
6. If you do accidentally see him, start mashing Q with your most valuable things. He might steal items from you when you die.
7. Dungeons are to be avoided with large light. When you're passing by, he'll see your abundance of torches and destroy them instantly, causing a thousand skeletons to rape you.
Seriously. Shut up with the stupid Herobrine stuff.
It's just like the Tails Doll or Scary Mario 64. Shut up about it.
well notch confirmed that herobrine will be added in a future update and since notch hasnt said what these new mobs for this update is yet im a little worried but aside from that yes the OP is being kinda trolly with this whole plan thing even though he doesnt even know what herobrine is programmed like yet
Find out how tall he is, and how high he can jump.
Build your home two - three blocks higher than that point.
Safe forever from him. :oP Or any other mob, for that matter.
Is it really that hard to figure out?
Or better yet, build inside a mountain or underground. Light it sufficiently, and NOTHING will bother you, ever. Somehow, I doubt Notch will put in mobs anytime soon that will even know you're in a mountain, let alone tear through it to get to you.
Heck, build in the air as in my first suggestion a few blocks high and I doubt any mobs will know or care that you're there either.