We collect Minecraft/Mojang news together each week. Enjoy!
We collect Minecraft/Mojang news together each week. Enjoy!
On Wednesday, LEGO announced the fast-approaching launch of two brand new Minecraft kits: the "Nether" and "Village" sets! The two sets will have, as previous sets, stylized recreations of a segment of the Nether, and a villager's village, respectively. The Village set will include blocks for constructing houses, along with the Pig, Villager, and Zombie figures! The Nether kit will have Netherrack, gravel blocks, and lava blocks, as well as two Ghasts and a Zombie Pigman.
It is expected that the set will sell for approximately $34.99, and will be available starting September 1st, 2013!
I'll need to make more room on my desk for these two sets...
If you attended the Insomnia event last year, plan on returning! If you have never been (and can get to the UK), start making plans!
This summer, the Insomnia Gaming Festival is set to be even bigger and better! The exhibition features everything from the latest games, development talks and retailers selling the latest hardware, to retro gaming arcades and chill out zones.
However, the event will also have a new addition to the Exhibition Hall; The Minecraft Expo! If you love gaming (and are a huge Minecraft fan), this is the event for you! So be sure to book your tickets early, as they are expected to sell fast!
Numerous special guests will appear at the con, including:
- Yogscast: Sips, Sjin, InTheLittleWood(Martyn), Strippin, and Lalna(Duncan)!
- Mindcrack: Pyropuncher, Baj and Millbee!
- Hat Films: Alex, Ross and Chris!
- FyreUK: iFirez, BruteAlmighty87 and SmallerSmiley!
- The NoxCrew: Noxite and Shronky!
- BebopVox, DaveChaos and Slowpoke101!
- Minecraft Wiki/MCSpotlights: Toby1066!
Tickets are limited! So head on over to our tickets section now and book your place!
Friday 23rd August – Sunday 25th August 10am-7pm
There will be a ton of meet-ups, game reveals, prize giveaways, and so much more! To see all the juicy details, be sure to click the links below!
Minecraft UK Expo Details: click here!
Enchanting is easily one of Minecraft player's favorite features, and people are always finding new and innovative ways to make the experience better. Some find the most optimal rates of farming XP to enchanting tools, to increase the likelihood of a given enchantment's outcome. However, that very randomness can often be a source of frustration. So, what is a player to do?
They can try out Enchanting Plus, by mssodin28, who has been maintaining and updating this complex mod since 1.3.2!
So, what does this mod do? It completely removes the random aspect of enchanting, allowing you to pick what enchantments you want! It also goes a step beyond, by including enchantments added by other mods! Only valid enchantments will show up for the tool you are trying to upgrade, further simplifying the process, and eliminating the tedious process of trying to figure out what enchantments apply to what gear. Neat!
If you want to try out the mod for yourself, drop by the mod thread by clicking here, and giving it a try!
David and Toby bring us this week's recap on all things Minecraft!
Rats running a maze for a piece of cheese is a well-worn idea, but how many people have seen a zombie run a maze for a villager? Sethbling has, because he made one!
This particular maze is remarkable not simply for the zombie running a complicated gauntlet for a prize, but the sheer size and depth of it. Altering the zombie's detection/pursuit range allows for an incredibly fast puzzle-solving zombie. Check it out!
Mojang AB recently received a "cease-and-desist" letter for copyright infringement - using the trademarked name "Putt Putt"! Unfortunately, the claim assumes that Mojang is - by way of Minecraft - authorizing the use of their name and likeness, when this is simply not the case.
Often, the legal department of a company will automatically send cease-and-desist letters to anything their searches turn up that might match their criteria, without reviewing the material in detail. This can seem like a senseless action to anyone who's not been a part of a major corporation's legal team; however, they often have oceans of these kinds of claims to sort through, and it's often simpler to send out blanket requests, with the expectation that legitimate claims will be responded to. For the rest of us, it can result in hilarious misfires, like this one.
Pictured: Not Mojang
Mojang is, of course, not making any use of the amusement center franchise's trademarks.
What sort of golf mods or maps have you come across that are awesome? I'd love to hear about them in the comments!
David and Toby bring you this week's current events!
Cube World was released recently, and it is a crazy amount of fun! It is also a very complex game, with all sorts of things to learn, skills to master, items to craft, and more. If you are looking for a resource to help you break into Cube World, look no further than the new Gamepedia Cube World Wiki!
In the game, you can play as one of four distinct classes. Each class has access to three different types of weapons:
- Warrior: Great weapons, dual-wielded one-handed weapons, shield + one-handed weapons
- Rogue: Daggers, fist weapons, longswords
- Spirit Mage: Staffs, wands, bracelets
- Ranger: Bows, crossbows, boomerangs
With procedurally generated worlds, random adventuring parties wandering around like the player, and scaled difficulty levels, Cube World will definitely scratch that adventurer's itch! Be sure to check out the Cube World wiki for all the latest game info!
1.6 brought with it some unfortunate bugs, but they are being squashed in record time! Mojang really rolled up their sleeves on this one, and the bug-fix list is almost too huge to put in one place. Doesn't mean we aren't doing it anyway!
- [MC-149] – Powered pistons drop as items in creative
- [MC-1545] – Player's and Horses head while riding having strange behaviour when looking at the skin in the inventory
- [MC-2025] – Animals going out of fenced areas/suffocate in blocks when loading chunks
- [MC-2840] – Chat concurrency issues
- [MC-2841] – Packet flood degrades server peformance
- [MC-5770] – When putting a sign in front of water it keeps running
- [MC-7486] – Trapped Chest looks like Regular Chest in inventory / item frame
- [MC-12962] – Attacking wild Wolves with any kind of projectiles (Arrows, Snowballs, Potions) will cause any nearby tamed Wolves to attack their owner
- [MC-13167] – Reloading a world while player is in moving Minecart or riding a horse is glitchy in F5 mode
- [MC-13632] – Horses can be pushed into blocks and then take suffocation damage
- [MC-13695] – Ctrl+Click = Right Click on Mac not working
- [MC-13949] – Leads attached to mobs drop as items when right clicked in creative
- [MC-14157] – Numlock Enter not recognized as Return
- [MC-14359] – Direct Connect does not remember port
- [MC-14415] – rope part of the leash turns invisible in some angles
- [MC-15024] – Hay blocks can not be crafted back into wheat
- [MC-15161] – Gliding crosshair when on a saddled horse
- [MC-15547] – "Nether-Fortress-Only" Mobs no longer spawning in previously generated Fortresses
- [MC-16170] – Unarmored horses appear as wearing diamong armor
- [MC-16222] – Baby Zombies are far too fast
- [MC-16267] – Cannot change Horse Armor like Player Armor by clicking with another armor piece on slot
- [MC-16761] – Sprint does not happen straight away
- [MC-17673] – Distorted fonts when using a converted texturepack on startup
- [MC-18365] – Breaking sound and particles appear when placing water/lava into another source block
- [MC-18627] – The "clear" command is causing a player in creative mode to be unable to move items in their inventory.
- [MC-18828] – /clear command causes problems with animations of held items
- [MC-18976] – Health boost resets additional health every 30 seconds
- [MC-19082] – Signs placed on Fences don't have Text
- [MC-19585] – Trying to jump on an unsaddled Horse, then equipping it with a saddle makes the Horse jump automatically
- [MC-19592] – 1.5.2 clients show server 1.6.1 as 1.3 in Multiplayer screen
- [MC-19599] – Item Dupe
- [MC-19605] – the /playsound command does not work with @a when >1 player passes the query
- [MC-20050] – Minecraft 1.6.1 demo has crashed
- [MC-21145] – Demo crashes when unable to find 'name' of a bound mousebutton
- [MC-21172] – resourcepack crashes
- [MC-21436] – nested colors in json chat don't work
- [MC-22315] – Item Duplication by Mules/Donkeys
- [MC-22401] – Cannot pick block lead in creative.