Happy Mother's Day, Minecrafters!
Happy Mother's Day, Minecrafters!
It's Snapshot time! Builders in particular will be happy with this Snapshot, in addition to anyone who felt that the donkeys should've been useful for hauling around loot! Check it out:
- Added new stained hardened clay
- Enabled access to the donkey & mule inventories by sneaking and interacting
- New textures for Charcoal, Coal Block, and Lapis Lazuli
- Made mobs spawn as groups again
- Minecarts with Furnace consume coal in creative mode
- After the last use of a bow you get a glitch bow that when dropped and picked up again duplicates
- Coal blocks do not burn away
- Blurred menu background textures
Be sure to get the new Minecraft launcher (if you haven't already), by clicking here, and selecting the launcher for your OS!
Looking for an adventure map with some serious brain-teasers? How about giving "Complex" a try? This multi-stage puzzle map - made by qmagnet - will have you guessing for hours! Can you navigate the complex, and discover the hidden secrets?
Quote fromComplex, the Minecraft map, is intended to be a single player adventure that sets the player in the midst of a large 3 dimensional maze, rooms are connected together from each of the four walls, as well as above and below. The player starts with intentionally very little direction. The game adjusts the settings as the player advances. The player must navigate throughout the Complex, room by room in search of the Answer.
Want to try it for yourself? Click here!
Youtuber Vaecon takes us on a walk through Minecraft using the Oculus Rift, and some tweaking by Jademalo. Give it a look!
Do you have a Rift, and want to try this out for yourself? Jademalo explains how to set it up right here. Enjoy!
Pocket edition news, overpowered obsidian farms, and exploding cats? Check out this week's Minecraft Monday show!
This week, David & Toby discuss the 1.5.2 update, the most recent Snapshot info, and more!
Are you ready for a new PVP mini-game? Of course you are!
PVP matches are something most of us are familiar with: get some weapons, slay your friends/enemies/little brother/etc in an arena, a forest, or a scale replica of the Musée du Louvre, then laugh at them as they fall over and poof out of existence. That's all well and good, but what if everyone who was fighting was invisible?
There's no need to wonder, because video-making sensation has brought you exactly that! "Ghost Squadron" is a team-based pvp mini-game where every single combatant is invisible! With awesome class-based combat, and maps by the one and only Vechs, this game mode will keep you entertained for hours. Enjoy!
Snapshot 13w18a and 1.5.2 are live, and ready to play! Both can be accessed from the new Minecraft launcher (be sure to grab it now, if you haven't already)!
- Added a coal block
- Start of a new texture loading system. May blow up
- Added crafting recipes for leads and hay bales
- Added horse armour to dungeons
- Green arrow bug on maps in frames
- Mobs not realizing they killed their attacker and trying to attack empty space
- Dogs wont stop snarling after punched by someone else
- Despawning cured zombie
- Lava decay fails to schedule block update
- Blocks stop updating one minute after entering the Nether or the End
- You can pick up command blocks with any pickaxe
- Can't place carpet on translucent blocks
Wondering where Minecon will be held this year? Anxious to get your travel plans in order, and prepare for another awesome convention? You might not need to wait long! Minecon 2013 has been confirmed for the US east coast, although the exact location is not yet known. Jens "Jeb" Bergensten had the following to offer:
Quote fromThe contract with the location has been signed, so it's mainly a question of people getting back from business trips. ETA for announcement should be end of May. Tickets will be available later (probably after summer, but I could be wrong).
While the convention's exact location has not yet been revealed, the two most likely east coast locations would seem to be New York, or Florida. Minecon 2012 was held in Disneyland Paris, and with Florida being the home of Disney World, in Orlando, it is a strong contender for Minecon 2013. Minecon '11 and '12 had approximately 4,500 attendees.
Are you planning on attending Minecon 2013? Tell us about it!
Video host Bebopvox brings you all kinds of Minecraft goodies, check it out!