Can ghasts shoot through half-slabs? Are they able to spawn in lava? What happens if you try to drown a ghast? Is it even possible to deflect a ghast's fireballs with a slime block?! Xisumavoid is here to answer all these questions, and more. Have a great weekend!
Mod review video by AntVenom!
Screenshots have been a part of Minecraft for years, and how they work has always been fairly basic - press F2, get a prompt that your screenshot is saved, continue playing. Still, wouldn't it be nice if you could preview the screenshot in-game, without having to dig up the folder it's stored in? Maybe even see other screenshots, or delete ones you don't like, all while playing? That's what Screenshots Enhanced is all about!
Created by UndoRedo, Screenshots Enhanced gives you more powerful features for taking screenshots, including the features mentioned above, the ability to upload screenshots to Imgur, and improving the process in a way that doesn't suddenly freeze or slow down your game while taking screenshots!
Ready to try this on yourself? Click the box below, and be sure to check out the mod thread as well for installation information, detailed instructions, and more!
Bebopvox touches on tons of goodies this week in Minecraft, including a curious investigation in Turkey about violence in Minecraft, some exciting Pocket Edition update news - including a new dev! - and quite a bit more, plus tons of new stuff from within the community! Stay warm, and enjoy!
Spotlight video by HaighYorkie
Let's jump right into it: what is the Regrowth Modpack? It was put together by thephoenixlodge for 1.7.10 as an HQM-driven pack where you find yourself in a desolate wasteland, lacking in natural growth and sparse of materials except for a few boulders and dead, charred trees. Even deep underground, no ores exist! The challenge is making a healthy, resource-rich world with - at first, at least - very few usable resources. Much like the packs "Magic Farm" and "Agrarian Skies", Regrowth is very challenging, highly unforgiving, but also very rewarding for those who can figure out the secrets to refilling an entire world with life, ore, and more.
Want to try this out yourself? Of course you do! Click here to give the Regrowth Pack a go!
Start your week off right with some fresh-off-the-presses videos for Minecraft: Pocket Edition! This interview, conducted by Herobrineskull, covers the upcoming 0.11.0 MCPE update, with one of the newest developers to Pocket Edition, Daniel Wustenhoff! Enjoy the interview, and have a good Monday!
Need a pick-me-up this Sunday? Why not check out this short animation of Captain Sparklez, animated by 2CODlosers? It's a little shorter than most animations, but clever nonetheless. Enjoy, and have a great rest-of-the-weekend!
Haven't updated to Minecraft version 1.8.3 yet? Check out all the info on the update here, and give it a try! A particularly nasty yet rare crash bug was fixed, and there are features galore besides!
The Chinese New Year was yesterday, and marked the beginning of the year of the sheep! (Or goat. Apparently it can be seen either way!) What better way to ring in the year of the sheep than a mod focusing on sheep? There might be better ways, but let's check out this mod!
Icedice9 has put together the Ore Sheep Mod, and it's pretty awesome! You teach them to eat stone by weakening them with splash potions of weakness, then feeding them diamonds.Before long, the sheep will eat stone, stone stairs, netherrack, stone slabs, buttons and more, including ores. When an ore sheep eats an ore, it will begin growing that ore instead of wool, which you then "shear" by right-clicking with a pickaxe. Neat!
Want to try this mod out yourself? Check out the Ore Sheep Mod thread, and give it a try!
Finally, after many weeks of development and seven pre-releases, Minecraft 1.8.2 is ready for release! It is now available in the Minecraft launcher, and the server can be downloaded from the Minecraft website download page.
Only minor changes were made since pre-release 7, which has been available since Monday. Version 1.8.2 is also fully compatible with all previous server versions (1.8 and 1.8.1), but it is recommended to update to 1.8.2 as soon as possible, to benefit from all bug fixes and improvements Mojang has made in the game.
Report bugs here: Minecraft issue tracker!
- NEW THINGS:
- New statistics
- Cake Slices Eaten
- Cauldrons Filled
- Water Taken from Cauldron
- Armor Pieces Cleaned
- Banners Cleaned
- Interactions with Brewing Stand
- Interactions with Beacon
- Droppers Searched
- Hoppers Searched
- Dispensers Searched
- Noteblocks played
- Noteblocks tuned
- Plants potted
- Trapped Chests Triggered
- Ender Chests Opened
- Items Enchanted
- Records Played
- Interactions with Furnace
- Interactions with Crafting Table
- Chests Opened
- New frame time graph in debug screen
- Activated by pressing Alt+F3 to display frame time bar chart in lower left of screen
- CHANGES TO EXISTING THINGS:
- Spectator Mode
- Mobs no longer follow/attack you in spectator mode
- Reverted explosion physic changes to those before the 14w31a snapshot.
- Explosion force is no longer directionally biased
- Oak and Dark oak branches no longer replace blocks
- Now ignore bedrock above them when determining a clear view to the sky.
- Ocelots now spawn at or above sea level, rather than at Y=63.
- Squids now spawn below sea level, rather than at Y=63.
- Crafting one now removes all enchantments from the original fishing rod.
A rather massive list of bugfixes!
Markus "Notch" Persson has, after some time, found words about last year's sale of Minecraft for $2.5 billion. Regarding comments of "selling out" for agreeing to the deal, Notch said: "I kinda feel like I am, but I still feel like I made the right choice. I guess some things always come at a cost." Notch was somewhat trapped by Minecraft's success, he suggested. If he sold the game, critics would say he's a sellout; if he didn't, some might see him as a one-trick pony.
"The one-trick pony thing was hard to deal with. Matching the insane success of Minecraft would be impossible. I'm OK with it now."
Now mostly working on personal projects, Notch said he has no plans to attempt matching the overwhelming success of his breakout title, instead focusing on personal projects, most of which will likely not be released.
Did you miss snapshots? Ready to test some new stuff, coming at you live in 1.8.2? I know I am! So what could possibly be in this snapshot? Let's take a look!
- [Bug MC-0] – Not enough hugs given since the holidays ended
- [Bug MC-141] – "/spawnpoint" command fails directly on Pressure Plates, Cobwebs, Signs, Open Fence Gates
- [Bug MC-3416] – Player location marker invisible on map (wrong Z-Order). One-line fix included.
- [Bug MC-13057] – Multiplayer "back to title screen" button incorrect
- [Bug MC-47832] – Certain entities can't be selected by type
- [Bug MC-57691] – Water generates above sea level as part of ocean monument generation
- [Bug MC-63370] – Baby Cows are Milkable
- [Bug MC-66090] – TNT is no longer colliding with a block placed above it when the TNT is triggered
- [Bug MC-67150] – Ocean Monument cuts unnaturally into ocean floor
- [Bug MC-72574] – /stats command doesn't work on players who aren't op
- [Bug MC-77047] – Fullscreen Mouse Out-Of-Bounds Behavior
- [Bug MC-77055] – Non-ASCII characters rendered wrong (Unicode issue)
- [Bug MC-77174] – Wither Skull Dupe Glitch
- [Bug MC-77432] – Enchanted fishing rods make enchanted carrot on a sticks
Ready to check this out? Open your launcher and press the “New Profile” button. Call it “pre-releases” and check the box saying “Enable experimental development snapshots” and save. To switch to the normal version, you can select it in the dropdown at the bottom left corner of the launcher. Back up your world first or run the game on in a different folder (See the “new profile” dialog).
Cross-platform server jar: https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/versions/1.8.2-pre7/minecraft_server.1.8.2-pre7.jar
Report bugs here: Minecraft issue tracker!