1.8 is right around the corner, the wait is nearly over! Every snapshot from here forward will be about optimizations, bugfixes, and making sure the release is as shiny and smooth as possible. On that note, today's snapshot contains the following juicy bits:
- Servers can now customise network compression in server.properties
- The new block model format for resource packs can be considered stable and ready to use.
- Enchantments and effects now accept names instead of arbitrary IDs.
- Alternative (random) block models specified by resource packs can now be disabled in Video Settings.
- Many optimizations to both the server (including singleplayer) and the client.
- Less bugs!
- Compressed space and time.
- MC-1532] – TNT Flashing Graphic when lit looks cut up and faded. / Z-fighting
- MC-2990] – Heads, beds, and doors can't be placed where there is thin snow
- MC-8858] – Rain goes through upside-down stairs
- MC-13633] – Horse's jump bar appears even when the horse isn't saddled yet
- MC-16608] – Text Color in Hopper and Brewing Stand GUI changes
- MC-18477] – Iron golems can see and attack invisible hostile mobs
- MC-23940] – If you sleep in a bed near a transparent block, you can get in the block
- MC-36718] – New fragmented sentences in translation
- MC-43984] – Normal players can use player selectors
- MC-46674] – Tools cant break Packed Ice faster
- MC-53022] – Mobs not being targeted by team selector
- MC-53166] – Horses do not convert their owner to UUID
- MC-55490] – Spawning Cows on Mooshrooms
- MC-55515] – sign.edit with §(color) changes the sign color
- MC-56251] – "/weather rain" executed when weather is clear sets the weather to thunder
- MC-56884] – Negative Color Crosshair when using resource pack
- MC-58067] – Smooth & Chiseled Sandstone & Chiseled Quartz has Incorrect Bottom Texture
- MC-60035] – Double slabs become seamless
- MC-60039] – Server logging broken
- MC-60093] – Blacksmith roof slabs oriented wrong
- MC-60126] – Pistons retract on placement as if they were powered
- MC-60150] – Fence Gates Placed Open
- MC-60151] – Redstone repeaters are inverted
- MC-60152] – Powered rail, detector rail, and activator rail are flipped when on an east/west slope
- MC-60153] – iron door and wood door
- MC-60156] – command blocks don't trigger when dispensed onto a redstone block
- MC-60208] – Pumpkin / Melon Seeds fully grown when planted
- MC-60297] – Command blocks not redstone updating when placed
- MC-60349] – TNT spawns ignited on Desert Temples
- MC-60483] – When placing fire on side of tnt it only renders on the side
- MC-61022] – Pumpkin stem with wrong texture
Please report any and all bugs you find in Minecraft to bugs.mojang.com. If nobody reports a bug, it will end up in 1.8, and then everyone will complain that it wasn't reported!
To get snapshots, open your launcher and press the “New Profile” button. Call it “snapshots” and check the box saying “Enable experimental development snapshots” and save. To switch to the normal version, you can select it in the dropdown at the bottom left corner of the launcher. Back up your world first or run the game on in a different folder (See the “new profile” dialog).
Snapshots can corrupt your world, please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Cross-platform server jar:
Report bugs here: