The pre-release of 1.9 is rapidly approaching! Many more bugs have been squashed, and a few more adjustments have been made. It is a good time to check out the bug tracker, and make sure your favorite bug is either already taken care of, or listed! If it isn't, be sure to add it now, before it's too late.
- Better riding mechanics for boats, horses, minecarts and saddled pigs
- The elytra texture now defaults to the cape texture if no custom texture is uploaded and the player owns a cape
- Some sounds are sounding better now
- Some sounds are sounding different now
- Most sounds are still sounding exactly as before
- Most entities in the game should now move much smoother
- Villagers are not making fun of players anymore when nobody is around
- [Bug MC-1058] - Some Entities cannot be seen when on the edge of the screen
- [Bug MC-90245] - Skeletons Strafe off of Cliffs
- [Bug MC-90605] - Constant teleporting between Nether and Overworld
- [Bug MC-91803] - In the game / title does not automatically play background music / cave ambient sounds
- [Bug MC-92289] - Extra strongholds spawn in positions Mojang didn’t intend
- [Bug MC-94209] - Typo in soundevent name “subtitles.enity.generic.explode”
- [Bug MC-95416] - Item duplication in multiplayer
Please report any and all bugs you find in Minecraft to bugs.mojang.com. If nobody reports a bug, the dark side will rule the galaxy!
To get snapshots, open your launcher and press the “New Profile” button. Call it “snapshots” and check the box saying “Enable experimental development snapshots” and save. To switch to the normal version, you can select it in the dropdown at the bottom left corner of the launcher. Back up your world first or run the game on in a different folder (See the “new profile” dialog).
Snapshots can corrupt your world, please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Cross-platform server jar: Minecraft server jar